What is more embarrassing?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by James T. Vader, Feb 26, 2013.

1. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

Hi Everyone, first time poster, not trying to come off as a jerk but as a trek fan what was more embarassing for you?

Stuffing Shatner back into his uniform after 19 years and have him try to be funny or stuffing Frakes and Sirtis and back into theirs after 11 years and tried to pretend time never passed and that they were still in 1994?

These are facepalm moments that make people laugh at Trekkies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Bill looked great, it was the highlight of the show.

They should of had him hosting.

:)

3. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, definitely the ENT finale. Seeing Frakes and Sirtis filling out (and how!) those uniforms and trying to convince us they were back in good old season seven was just plain wrong, especially given it was an actual canon episode and was supposed to depict actual unseen events that took place during "The Pegasus" (yeah right!).

By complete contrast, Shatner's thing was just a harmless bit of fun. :)

4. HaplessCrewman

HaplessCrewman Commander Red Shirt

I'd say having Shatner in that outfit was the more embarrassing thing - as it was seen by way more people than the last episode of Enterprise.

Thank God Nimoy doesn't (usually) go in for this kind of forced humor.

Why can't people tell that, in this instance, the audience is laughing at Captain Kirk?

5. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never been embarrassed to be a Trekkie.

Also T'Girl is right. Shatner looked great!

6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Neither have I.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Both are pretty embarrassing.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Eh, it's going to take more than a silly comedy bit to embarass me.

If we can survive "Spock's Brain," we can survive this. :)

9. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Should HAVE! I'm sorry, I'm usually not a grammar nazi and god knows I make enough mistakes myself but this "would of, should of, could of" crap is like cancer growing through the internet, it has to be stopped, it's just wrong, it doesn't even make sense.:klingon:

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Because they weren't.

11. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Neither. I laughed my ass off at Shatner as Kirk at the Oscars. That was the point.

Although I'm still taking tablets that help me forget Enterprise's finale. It's got nothing to do with the sight of Riker & Troi gatecrashing our farewell party though... You can't blame them.

Time for another doze and this thread too will hopefully be a distant memory.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

If a few bad episodes were enough to embarrass Trekkies, those examples are a few decades too late.

I thought the Trekkies who got laughed at were the ones who couldn't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. You know, the ones that only exist on television?

13. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

Shatner was hysterical on the Oscars and he's a genius. A genius! I can't keep rehashing TATV so this will be my last. Will and Deanna should've been on the Titan rather than a the E-D. They tried something they thought we'd like and they made a mistake. They probably wouldn't have even done TATV if more "fans" had watched the show and kept it on the air. But as we say on Earth, c'est la vie

14. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

What was that Shatner bit from?

15. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

"Deanna... there's something I've been meaning to tell you for weeks now... I'm pregnant, and I think you're the father."

16. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Which is not necessarily a bad thing, as Shatner's been laughing at himself for the last 25 years.

Hear, hear! :techman:

(Not "here, here." That's how you call a pet.)

17. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

William Shatner is 81 years old. Leave him alone. I bet you won't look that good at 81.

18. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The only people who laugh at Shatner anymore are ****ing idiots who probably never had a clue. You tell them I said so.

19. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

^I concur. Actors age. People age. I think it would be worse if they tried to use makeup or CGI to try and make him look like he did back in his younger days.

20. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand why anybody found that stuff "embarrassing." I accept that some did, if you say so, but I don't understand why. All shows have good moments and bad ones, and so long as the good ones greatly outweigh the bad ones (which is the case in nearly all Trek), I don't see what there is to be embarrassed about. If a show is bad enough to be embarrassing, why not just quit being a fan?