Fans raised 2 mil for Veronica Mars Movie- takes me back to 2005!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by joncreed, Mar 14, 2013.

1. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Closing in on 3.5 million, just three days into the campaign. I still cannot fathom this happening to this degree.

2. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not to knock the effort, but Star Trek renegades looks awful.

The pitch was nothing like the Veronica Mars movie, which is the series creators and stars all getting back together for something "official"

Renegades is basically a fan-flik with a few of the actors in ill-fitting uniforms and budget sets which looks nothing like the show.

I did not donate to renegades because I have no interest in fan productions, credit Tim Russ and co on what they are doing but to me it's not worth spending money on

If there was some "official" fundraiser for a Trek Prime tv movie that was going to be cannon and have passable production values I would donate without question as would many others in my opinion.

3. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any chance the U.S.S. Kelvin/Kobayashi Maru simulator set still exists in storage? They're submarine-style like the NX-01. Mike Okuda onboard to recreate his ENT-era computer interfaces on all the monitors. Circular white Abramsverse corridors spray painted battleship grey and Bob's your uncle...

Admiral Archer saved his ship from decommissioning and got it refitted TMP-style, in 2163. Rounded up the whole crew to take on an emergency crisis. Shran along for the ride. Instant mid budget TV Movie sequel to Enterprise.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

At this point, I think it is more likely that we would get a TNG TV movie with the original seven cast members than an ENT finale movie. TNG is still more popular if we compare Blu-Ray preorders.

But all the Trek TV series sets are now gone so they'll have to go with CGI backgrounds like the recent nuBSG prequel series that was released.

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'd donate towards a decent ENT finale. ;)

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I have a foggy recollection now, but didn't Trek United raise over $3 million of it's own back in 2005? Also wasn't there a larger pledge for more money contingent on Paramount green lighting the 5th season? Ah so many years ago now...

RAMA

7. joncreed

joncreed Commander Red Shirt

“actual monetary pledges to foot production costs speak more loudly to studios than petition signatures, mail-in campaign stunts and trade-pub advertisements,” said Rebecca Sun at The Hollywood Reporter. So going forward then, fans should note that a Kickstarter campaign like this has more of a chance of resuscitating a dead series...

okay, so what we tried to do 8 years was a gag?! TU campaign was ahead of its time.

Well with "Veronica Mars" a go, other creators are making inquires: Bryan Fuller for "Pushing Daisies" and "Wonderfalls," Sean Ryan for "Terriers." Personally, I'm hoping for the return "Jericho."

Anyway, I think for "Enterprise" to have another go is for somebody like Manny Coto to support the idea AND of course for Paramount to give the go-ahead. "Enterprise" would have a better shot of getting the greenlight from the Powers-that-Be then any of the TNGs because it won't interfere with the current Star Trek movie series.

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

What, you didn't like Terra Prime?;)

9. ChristopherPike

And then what happened? :p

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

We're not gonna get shit.

11. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

We already got that with TATV :devil:

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

We need the post shit shit!!!

Otherwise know as the good shit.

13. ChristopherPike

Less than two months to go and they'll be more of the good shit, lollipop. :p

14. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I'm hoping it's really, really, good shit.