Palin steps down as governor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by miraclefan, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

If anything will get liberal bloggers to stop talking about you...it's suing them. That'll shut 'em up.

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Next you know she'll sue CNN for reporting about her.

3. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

CNN is considered "libera" by some, isn't it?

4. Squiggy

Everything that isn't Fox News and Rush is considered "liberal" by these people.

5. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

She's probably pissed that it got coverage and that her trash day attempt was a totaly failure.

But let's face it - a former VP candiate and current governor resigning is gonna be pretty big news.

Anyone know when the last time a governor just up and resigned like this?

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Spitzer swallow was that last governor to resign, IIRC. Hopefully Palin will be resigning for the same reason as him.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Was she in Argentina... I mean "The Appalachian Trail" recently by any chance?

8. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

yes but he resigned cos he was doing a high priced hooker. I'm talking abuot when a Governor just up and resigned for no appearant reason and where there had been no scandal.

9. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

With a 24/7 news cycle that has to be fed all the the time, is there even-- in reality-- such a thing as "trash day" anymore?

10. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

No, but putting them in the spotlight does. Michelle was in the spotlight and got called all kinds of 'anti-American' names (even got a nice caricature of her done). Bristol was put in the spotlight as the pregnant kid of the abstinence only mom (and is still being put in that spotlight).
    I don't remember anything ever being said about Willow, Piper, Trip, Xander, Felgercarb or Omphaloskeptic.

Of course, Obama's family from here to Hawaii and over to Africa was chased down and scrutinized....

11. Kommander

Kommander Commodore Commodore

Hmm... sound like anyone else we know? A certain "church" that likes to kill my pets, maybe?

I heard about her connections to Scientology on cracked.com, so it must be true.

Church of Scientology: Please stop sending me Cease and Desist letters. I have plenty of toilet paper, thanks.

12. Squiggy

13. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a top ten list?

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

God, I hope he does one.

15. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

Ignoring that Palin presented them family (and Levi) to the public at the Convention, she also allowed Bristol to be interviewed. And Bristol, as an adult, has become the spokesperson for a couple of abstinence only groups.

When you choose to be a spokesperson, you are choosing to be a public figure.

This is not equal to the Obama's request that their daughters are left alone, and their refusing to let their daughters be interviewed. Palin blurred the line herself by allowing Bristol to be interviewed. And it would be unfair to tell the press that they can only cover her daughter at the specific events that she wants to be covered at.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Squiggy wins the thread. :techman:

17. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Letterman 2, GOP 0! :techman:

18. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

She didn't put them in the spotlight any more than Obama did when she joined the race. It was the press that was saying her newborn was really Bristols and all that crap. I didn't see any news reports getting the lowdown on why the Obama's straightened out their daughters hair for the race.

She was stumping for her husband and therefore legitimately a target. Notice that Todd stayed out of it.

And she shouldn't have been until Bristol started doing her interviews after the race. Kids should be off limits during the race.

Oh yeah. CNN and NBC did some real hardhitting stuff on his Aunt soaking up my tax dollars as an illegal alien. His brother George was a plastered all over the place as a rebuttal to Obama's "you are your brothers keeper" spiel. Obama himself was the one to throw grandma under the bus.

Just reading the posts in this thread should be enough to show you how scared people are of her. The pack can't stop being mean to make themselves feel better. :lol:

19. Squiggy

1. Her family was on stage at the RNC.
    2. Todd stumped.

Next?

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Setting aside for the moment the gnashing of teeth and tearing of garments by the right wing following Obama's election (my father-in-law sends out daily emails with hysterical claims and outright lies not even worthy of the National Enquirer)....

In what way do you think we're "scared" of her? Scared of what? As far as I can see, she's a simpleton more deserving of scorn and ridicule than fear. I for one would love to see her bring her dog and pony show to California during a general election. It might set a record for worst statewide defeat in history. Please, by all mean, nominate her in 2012.

If on the other hand you mean "I'm terrified that there are people in this country who believe she's presidential material", then yes that scares me.

I really don't see your point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.