The Time Of The Doctor (Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Dec 25, 2013.

?

Grade "The Time Of The Doctor"

Poll closed Feb 5, 2014.
  1. Geronimo!

64 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. Fish Fingers and Custard

84 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Average

36 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Not Good

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Beans are evil. Bad bad beans! |

5 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Well this is it. In a couple of hour's the clock will strike twelve and the eleventh hour will be over.

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Hey Sam, is this to be a running live commentary, or just a general review after watching the show? Really looking forward to this.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really looking forward to the episode, but not sure if I'm going to watch it tonight. Might wait until Tomorrow night or watch it late tonight. I hope it's not too depressing, other than the Doctor's regeneration scene.

4. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I would assume that it's what ever you make it to be. But aren't you the guy who treats it as a live commentary and no one else?

Personally, I'd rather watch it and not be on here, same with all other episodes of Doctor Who.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Yeah live commentary works better when there's commercial break.since there are no breaks in the UK it distracts the viewing

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Good point. Plus to be honest, live commentary isn't nearly as enjoyable at it used to be years ago when we had weekly ones for Stargate, Smallville and other shows.

I'll vote once I've seen it.

;)

7. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I've been waiting all year to post this. It's finally appropriate since it's Christmas Day.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htHx-LRe9yQ[/yt]

I wonder if they were drunk when they recorded and shot this.

8. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

That was brilliant and me and mrs-dimesdan-to-be loved it massively.

9. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Loved the regeneration.

Expected that the Doctor would get another cycle. Didn't expect Gallifrey to do it at the cost of coming back right then and there.

10. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Very rushed and the pace was really off, felt like a 2-3 hour script condensed into an hour at most. So much confusing, stuff mentioned very briefly in passing that if you aren't listening intently you'll miss and be confused - there were tons of confusing plot threads, most notably the shit with The Silence, the TARDIS being destroyed...etc

However I'm not really a Matt Smith, I'm glad to see him go and if Moffat can't do anything with Capaldi I hope he follows....

11. Vyse

Vyse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Loved it, tied a lot of loose ends up. Will really miss Matt Smith as the Doctor.

12. Vyse

Bah humbug

13. Auralis

Auralis Captain Captain

It was missing the mot important part, the actual story.
    what we got was meh.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I would of liked a few more minutes it was a little crammed but it was dam fine and the way Moffat approached the regeneration was awesome using it as a weapon and then the sudden face change. One hoping for more more Geronimo ;) but I did love "Do you know how to fly this thing"

I presume the Time Lords will still return at somepoint though.

15. Phily B

I agree....the more I think, there was so much that was just a throaway line.

Something about The Master and The High Council. Something about The Silence. Something about The Daleks. Something about time lords. Something about the crack in time. The TARDIS being destroyed was literally a throwaway line that I can't even remember...

Even the music was largely recycled, and Capaldi only got a few seconds.......

This is the perfect ending for this period of Doctor Who, a garbled mess of a story with some really cool character moments.

16. Vyse

Loads better than RTD with his lowest common denominator humor containing fart and fat jokes.

17. Phily B

Yeah, he had loads of fart jokes in one episode of season 1 when the show was still trying to find its identity and balance between being for kids and adults because many believed the show wouldn't last past season 1.

Dunno what that has to do with this episode though, but at least End of Time had a story.

18. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

So the the time lords were calling for the doctor through that crack and if he replied they'd show up and it would be bad. But then why did he hang around the planet? Were the daleks just going to raze the place anyway? Shoot the time lords through the crack or something?

Agreed with Phily B. This has happened before with Moffat finales, I find I need to rewatch and listen more carefully for very hasty bits of explanation to understand what was going on.

19. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

This sums up how I feel.

20. Vyse

Don't know what you mean by no story, but I thought this was loads better than the rubbish End of Time, with The Master suddenly becoming a Dragonball Z character, and his resurrection via Harry Potter magic.