A new movie about the greatest movie ever

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Rowdy Roddy McDowall, Sep 20, 2012.

1. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd highly recommend The 39 Steps and The Lady Vanishes. Rebecca may be his creepiest (in a good way) movie.

2. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

I'm of the extreme minority who prefer OBSESSION to VERTIGO. Mostly because of the incredible Genevieve Bujold.

Some of Hitchcock's more noticeable earlier works are THE LODGER and BLACKMAIL from the 1920s, THE SECRET AGENT, THE LADY VANISHES, THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, and THE 39 STEPS from the '30s, and NOTORIOUS, LIFEBOAT, SPELLBOUND, FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, SHADOW OF A DOUBT, ROPE, and SABOTEUR from the '40s.

My personal Hitchcock favorites are PSYCHO, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, FRENZY, THE BIRDS, LIFEBOAT and ROPE.
    Hitchcock's own personal favorite is on record as being SHADOW.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I've seen The 39 Steps and Blackmail. The latter didn't impress me; the former was a well-made thriller from the period but didn't impress me like the films of his which are my favorite. Notorious is a good movie, although I think it falls short of being great. My five favorites would be:

North by Northwest
    Rear Window
    Vertigo
    Psycho
    Marnie

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I go back and forth between REAR WINDOW and SHADOW OF A DOUBT as my favorite Hitchcocks. With VERTIGO, PSYCHO, THE BIRDS, STRANGERS ON A TRAIN, and NORTH BY NORTHWEST as honorable mentions. NOTORIOUS and THE 39 STEPS are also classics, that suffer only in comparison to the ones above.

On the other hand, TO CATCH A THIEF leaves me cold. Too much glamor and romance, and not enough suspense.