Every Star Trek Blueprint in existence!?!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by sojourner, Oct 2, 2008.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    timelord1010 likes this.
  2. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

Re: Every Star Trek Blueprint in existance!?!

This is revolting!

I was wondering why no one was buying my blueprints! I'm sure that Casimiro and Sinclair are equally shocked that this site is hurting the sales of their work.

:rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity... Do you want to buy a copy? :techman:

3. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

For the ones currently for sale, only samples appear to be offered. If you know of a set still currently for sale which is offered in full resolution on the site, contact its administrator and I am sure he will accommodate you.

It's a great site, even if many of the fan-produced blueprints are more notable for their shortcomings than their successes.

4. Starlock

Starlock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We already know about this - The owner of the site posts here on occasion. :guffaw::guffaw:

Obviously not every ST blueprint in existence - I know of a few omissions - but it is a valuable reference anyway. ;)

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, he'd been "called to the carpet", so to speak, for making available ones that were for sale before. He's since made amends. But it is a good resource!

6. Jag2112

Jag2112 Commander Red Shirt

So here we go again :)

As others have already pointed out, those blueprints which are currently for sale (which is illegal in and of itself, but that's another matter) are only represented on my site with limited details (usually all of the thumbnail images along with a couple of full-resolution images).

This is done with the full permission - and appreciation - of the artists. I'm helping to spread the word about their blueprints so all can benefit.

As for Charles and Alan -- they approached me about having their blueprints represented on the site - as have many other illustrators.

My site was created to serve as a resource and a means to celebrate the incredible work the fans have created over the years. It was NOT created with with any malicious intent towards the artists.

I hope you can all find it useful.

-John

7. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

Let's see, I've got MSDs for Danube class, three classes of shuttlecraft, and 15 classes of starship and might submit them to Cygnus one of these days. It's somewhere on my to-do list. I haven't even put together a gallery of them for my own Web site. Too busy.

Cygnus has a lot, but not everything.

8. sojourner

Huh, well, I have been lurking here for at least 2 years and don't remember seeing anything about the site before.
    Kudos for getting the permissions on everything posted onsite! I actually have a few of the older one and think I will go back to your site now and pick some choice new images for my desktop background!:)

9. Shaw

Shaw Commodore Commodore

More to the point... I don't think that they have ever tried to sell their work (and neither have I for that matter)... so your site sure hasn't hurt sales. :techman:

Besides, it has been around long enough that I doubt anyone is worried about it not lasting. I'm surprised that it isn't better known, as it is one of my favorite Trek sites.

When ever I reference any of my finished works, I link to them on that site (such as here). It is a great resource in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Since this seems to be on the up-and-up, and it is undoubtedly a valuable resource for modelers, artists and fans alike, I'll go ahead and sticky it - at least for awhile.

11. Jag2112

Thanks Ptrope- I appreciate it.

On another note - and something I was going to post on a few other forums within TrekBBS - is a recent addition I've made to the site which contains blueprints/schematics/rough drawings of the little know 'Enterprise That Never Was' which also goes by the NX-1701.

You can see the prints here http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/uss-enterprise-nx-1701-a.php

A question for those of you out there: Does anyone else have these blueprints? My set, which I purchased long ago as part of a larger Ebay auction, is incomplete. I was able to piece together some missing pages from other material that also dealt with the NX-1701 but I'm fairly certain I'm missing a couple of important sheets.

I'd really appreciate it If anyone could shed some additional light on them..

Wow - 2 posts in one day from me... Starlock must be in shock :)

-John

Commodore_Sarvour likes this.
  12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Whoa, whoa, back up! Some people actually charge for this stuff? And here I was giving it away like a sap.

13. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

It's actually illegal to sell it. Paramount would pitch a fit if they knew about it.

14. kevjulian

kevjulian Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm looking for interior blueprints of Deep Space Nine or set construction information for the series.

Any Ideas?

Kev

15. Starlock

[Fred Sanford]
    *Gasp* Elizabeth? Is that you Elizabeth!?! I'm comin' for ya honey... just you wait... *Gasp* *Wheeze*
    [/Fred Sanford] :devil:

BTW - I might be able to contribute a couple of additions to the site. I just need to see how the scanner I'd have to use treats them.

16. Jag2112

Thanks Starlock -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also - LCARS24 - I'd be happy to post your wrote on my site - with link-backs to your site of course... I could create a unique page for your collection of schematics if you were interested.

If not, I understand of course -- though I'd love to see what you've come up with --

-John

17. Starlock

All Righty! I'll take a quick inventory of what I have and let you know next week.

18. sojourner

Wow! Only a Lt. Commander and already stickied! I feel honored.

P.S. thanks for correcting spelling error in title!

19. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

The main furor was over on the Trek Tech area.

20. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

Very much so, and thanks for making the site.