Nero: "It happened! I saw it happen..."

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by foxmulder710, Aug 15, 2009.

1. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked it when Nero would always respond with a simple "Hello" when he was hailed. Usually a greeting is something formal, but not with Nero :)

2. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

why have you evolved into lurch..
    :rommie:

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Well...

plus

[​IMG]
    [highlight]----------------[/highlight]

4. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Timeline? This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!... what was I saying?"

5. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I know that I KNOW this line, but where is it from? Now that I have read it, it is driving me mad.:cardie:

6. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

For The Fairest

7. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

it starts to chime.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really. Anyone looking for "subtle" in a Star Trek movie is lost before they begin.

Slow and stupid? If anything, this movie seems to have managed to attract a whole lot of people who've been too smart to get sucked into the whole Star Trek thing in recent years.

9. M'Sharak

Troi in First Contact, I think. She's a bit sloshed at the time.

10. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Yeah it's the scene in the cantina where they're trying to persuade Cochrane to go through with his first flight. She's trying to fit in with the local populace ;)

11. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nero's line in here didn't disturb me nearly as much as the Plasma Coil dialogue between Worf and Riker in Generations.

12. USS Triumphant

Dammit! I was trying to give a subtle hint and see if Sector 7 would get it.

Oh, well. :p

13. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

14. M'Sharak

I plead the lateness of the hour - I don't recall whether that was before or after the spam attack. Anyway, I wasn't at my sharpest and it wasn't until some time afterward that your hint clicked into place for me.

15. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Well, one of you will have to explain it to me because I still don't get it!

16. M'Sharak

In Greek mythology, the words "To the Fairest" or "For the Fairest" were written on the Golden Apple of Discord, brought to the wedding of Achilles' parents by a goddess who had been left off the guest list for being bad news at parties. There were consequences, including the eventual abduction of one Helen, wife of King Menelaus.

17. USS Triumphant

Who, of course, was later known as Helen of Troy. ;)

18. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Not having seen the movie, is there any chance that the repeating of the wording is supposed to convey a severe emotional state, same as FAR BEYOND THE STARS, DS9's Sisko in the 1950s thing, when he keeps saying he made it, he created it, it was his, talking about his sf story as they are coming to take him away?

Alternately, it is in keeping with the redundancy of TMP's need to tell people that the thing is x minutes away from earth every scene.

For something approaching subtlety, you probably need the 'days instead of hours' code from TWOK, which I found people still not getting years later, even after seeing the movie time after time on video, when all they needed to do was pay attention to the way Shatner's 'Captain Spock' line leading into the exchange sounded a bit off the first time they saw it.

Oh and based on his 'fire everything' line, it sounds like Bana is doing West Coast California English, not 'you might be a redneck' English.

19. Yug

Yug Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nero was Romulan white trash, he never read Shakespeare like the Klingons did.

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Couldn't it simply be that Orci & Kurtzman write worse dialogue than George Lucas at times?