Terminator-222 "Born to Run" - Season Finale <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Apr 10, 2009.

?

Grade "Born to Run"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

85 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. "If we stay the course we are dead. We are all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED." (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Though with a smaller payroll for the show due to fewer supporting actors, the loss that WB is taking would be smaller, so it might be possible to push the price a bit lower. As for corporate backers, which one(s) was/were lost? Dodge? If so, that could be more a function of Chrysler being out of money.

I was never aware of such a board rule. Guess I missed the memo. Please PM me the info if you can.

2. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure that Dodge pulling out of TSCC mostly has to do with their dire financial state.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

No, they jumped ship for Salvation.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Awesome episode...one of the best cliffhangers I've seen in a while. What I'm confused about is did they jump into an altered future timeline, so altered because of something that John Henry did when he jumped before them? With Derek not recognizing him I thought this might be so...John's look when he sees his dad for the first time and then Cameron/human was awesome! I really hope we get a third season but I won't be expecting it.

5. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Which could still be linked to their financial state, as they may think that investing a similar amount of money into T4 as they do/did in TSCC would lead to a higher return and therefore a better choice.

6. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

excellent
    if this show doesn't come back for a 3rd season i'll be really pissed. ratings be damned.

7. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't figured out how to bypass Hulu ads - that's possible?

That article is over a year old. Since the site seems to still be going strong and adding content, I'd be curious to know how they're doing now. I'd sure hate to lose it - I watch everything but a couple ABC shows on Hulu. (And ABC's player STINKS compared to Hulu!)

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The future was altered because John Connor was never able to take over the human Resistance. Derek wouldn't recognize John because 'technically' they would never have met prior to this.

9. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Great choice ( :rolleyes: ), wonder where we'll see a post-apocalyptic Dodge dealership or see how the Ram is so good as post-apocalyptic "technical" (think Somalia). Or are they going to advertise the M1 Abrams, that might make more sense for the setting!

About 81% thinks this episode was excellent, so far. I think that's a record for TSCC.

10. NJOberheim

NJOberheim Captain Captain

I think she was saying it to John through the portal hoping he can hear. Remember when they first arrived to meet with Weaver? As they sat waiting for Ellison, John and Sarah were talking about her weight loss. When Ellison arrived and interupted the conversation, John stopped, looked back at Sarah and said "I love you". Sarah didnt respond...until that last scene.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

In one of the trailers you can see a Chrysler Town and Country being rammed by a dump truck with mototerminators chasing it. So far that's all we've seen.

12. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here is how I look at the time travel in the movies:

[​IMG]

The box is where the TV show takes place. I'm not sure how I'll show that yet.

13. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

[LEFT]"You can't be seriously considering cancelling my show."[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"Come on. That would just be dumb."[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"Wait. You're serious. The show has gotten progressively better, had an amazing season finale and set up a kick-ass premise for a third season and you want to kill it? Right when T4 is coming out?"[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"Is this an April Fool's joke? One in really poor taste?"[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"That's it. It's a joke -a really shitty FOX executive joke at the expense of sci-fi fans, or fans of good tv in general. I mean, how else can you explain wanting to cancel my show?"[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"You know, the show about the insanely hot/cute/sweet killer robot from the future who travels back in time to show humanity just what a lithe ballerina can do to save the world?"[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

[LEFT]"Now reach deep down inside under your chest plate. You feel that quivering ice cold thing? It's your heart. Warm it up and let's give this show the ending it deserves ... preferably with more kinky pseudo guy-on-cyborg-girl action. That shit was hot."[/LEFT]

[​IMG]

14. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Interesting. I always assumed the predestination paradox of T1 was the "original" timeline and the other movies represented changes to that. Since T2 erased it the only thing we really know about it is the speculation from T3.

15. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

You can't have an "original" timeline if it gets interupted by time travel. There had to be a timeline prior to it.

16. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The original movie presented a stable timeloop. The second movie did not contradict this, as the actual effects of the attack against Cyberdyne were left ambiguous, except in the unused alternate ending.

T3 and T:TSCC, for those you just have to repeat the MST3K mantra. There is no other way. It's impossible for Kyle to be John Connor's father in the time travel model presented by them. It's also impossible for Kyle to have ever seen the pivitol picture of Sarah Connor, as it wouldn't have existed in the original timeline. Just repeat to yourself it's just a show and you should really just relax.

17. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dont get the T3 hate. What did it do that was soo bad? John Conner was killed by Arnie, Kate sent a reprogrammed Arnie back to kill off a T-X.

It is a typical Terminator plot, nevermind the time travel or any of that junk its just good fun. Plus the ending was great.

Plus Terminator 1 as a time loop simply can't work, uinless you subscribe to the Whatever Happend, Happend theory of Lost. Which I think works. T2 builds on this rather well, and T3 is just good fun.

18. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The writers of T:TSCC operate on the branch point theory. New timelines are created because of the temporal jumps, but the events that preceded them still happened in their own reality.

19. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Show...? What show?

:drool:

Hilarious post, by the way! :)

20. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

This ep gets an excellent from me. :techman:

Loved Weaver, as always. She and John Henry are the highlight of the show for me. It would be awesome if she became John's new protector in S3.

One thing I didn't get was why the HK crashed into Weaver's office. Didn't it have weapons?