Idea for new Animated series

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mirror Sulu, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Mirror Sulu

Mirror Sulu Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm sure most of you have heard (as it was reported early last year) that Orci and Kurtzman have pitched an idea for a potential new animated Star Trek series; the assumption being that Paramount are waiting to see how 'Star Trek into Darkness' does before committing to such an idea. As STID is most likely gonna be a hit, the new animated Trek is also very likely to see the light of day. The series will be based on the Alt-timeline of the new films and feature the current cast.

I'd like to share an idea I've had for a new animated series. How about a series based on the exploits of Captain Christopher Pike (as played by Jeffrey Hunter)?

Canon wise, we know relatively little about Pike and even less about his crew, sans Spock. There is a wide area to cover post-ENT and pre-TOS. It could predate or follow the events of 'The Cage' and take concepts from elsewhere (one such concept I've always loved, from the novel 'The Rift', is Number One being the basis for the Enterprise computers voice). It would also include room for a Leonard Nimoy cameo.

What do you think?

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't expect any new series, whether live action or animated, to be green-lit unless it follows the STXI timeline.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I think there are dozens of similar threads in one of the other forums.

http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

But for goodness' sake, don't spill your ideas for a new series all over the place. Someone might steal it, the studio buys it, and you're out of luck.