Last Classic Who Story you watched

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Pindar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watching The Movie. God bless number 8 in the Big Finish stories but the movie really is pants. Sylvester does a good turn at the start though.

Actually I wonder if Murray Gold got any queues from this as the music is more like new Who than I remembered.

2. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I watched The Talons of Weng-Chiang recently. I ended up watching the whole serial in one sitting. That almost always happens to me. :lol:
    I enjoyed it. I like the bigger scope and sets of characters the classic serials often have. There were some really good supporting characters in this - the professor (?) with his gentlemanly though misguided swashbuckling (I really liked the dinner he had with Leela) and the director of the variety theatre. The setting was great, too.
    Unfortunately, I'm out of more stories to watch in chronological order at the moment.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's really hard not to even though sometimes it's probably unfair to some of the serials that weren't meant to be watch that way.

My last was The Mind Robber because it was one of the scant classic series episodes streaming on Netflix. It's cool that they have all or close to all the new episodes but it'd be great if their classic selection was larger.

I've tried watching this one before but lost interest for whatever reason but I found it pretty watchable this time around. I found faux Jaime quite amusing and Zoe's catsuit is a bonus. Medusa was an interesting use of limited resources.

It's meta nature reminded me some of the new series.
    (Copied from a transcript: )
    DOCTOR: Of course he is. Don't you understand? This world that we've tumbled into is a world of fiction. Unicorns, minotaur, Gulliver's travels, they're all alive here.
    ZOE: Then what are we doing here? What do they want with us?
    :)

4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Sylvester is always great. Hope he crops up in the new series at some point.

5. Count Zero

Yeah, it's very meta. I also liked Zoe's action scenes with that comic book character whose name I've forgotten yet again. Also, the gag with Jamie's face.

6. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

They had to, poor Frazer was terribly sick.

7. Pindar

It was a good idea though,

they were pretty good at thinking on their feet in the old shows.

8. Pindar

It was a good idea though,

they were pretty good at thinking on their feet in the old shows.

Turned out to be a pretty good addition to the story.

9. Pindar

Seeds of Death, I always enjoy the ice warriors.

Not much filler considering its a 6 parter. I like that the invention of the transmat kills off space exploration.

10. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched The Daemons Friday night. It is one of my favorite stories. I enjoyed it as much this time around, as I did back in 1977 when I saw it on PBS.

11. Pindar

Chap with the wings 3 rounds rapid.

12. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    "Piece of cake. Radial segment of baked confection. Relevance to the Key to Time: zero.":techman:

Ze Karkus.

13. RTOlson

RTOlson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished up "The Mind Robber" last night thanks to Netflix Instant. It can be difficult for me to get back into the classic Who stories given how the series and television storytelling has evolved, but I've just hoovered up three stories in a week (Mind Robber, plus "Spearhead from Space" and "The Leisure Hive").

14. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Last one I watched is Remembrance of the Daleks, though the last one I experienced was The Power of the Daleks via audio.

15. Captain Dago

Captain Dago Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Watched "The Android Invasion" last week, thanks to Netflix. We've been slowly working through their catalog of Classic Who with our two youngest kids. Making sure they're not like their peers who only know Tennant and Smith.

16. Pindar

Revenge of the Cybermen. Kelman the Cyber agent has a lot of nifty gadgets?

Poor old Harry Sullivan, I always liked him, shame he died so young.

17. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Carnival of Monsters. Not one of the third Doctor's best outings but still enjoyable.

18. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remembrance of the Daleks. 7th Doctor at his finest:

"Crush the lesser races. Conquer the galaxy. Incredible power, unlimited rice pudding, et cetera, et cetera!"

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    You're good parents. My friends have an 8 month old daughter and they tell me that she finds classic Who very soothing.

I was recently talking to a guy that bragged to me that his mother had watched every episode of Doctor Who. I asked him to clarify if he meant every episode of the old series too or just the new series. He answered, "No, she's seen the old series too. You know, the guy that came before Tennant...":rolleyes::censored::brickwall: It's insane. It's only been 7 years and yet Eccleston is already considered "old series" by the ignorant masses. And they can't even remember his name! He's just "the guy that came before Tennant." :(

20. Count Zero

I find it even sadder that I'll never be able to make that claim because not all episodes can be watched anymore.