Die Hard V - Not Looking Good...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Captaindemotion, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

Has anyone posted "I'm officially worried about this movie now?" Because if not I call dibs. :lol:

2. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Why do people say "officially" like that anyway? It's not as if they've filed a memo to the effect.

My big objection is the cunty son addition. It sunk Indiana Jones (or helped anyway). People don't want or need it.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ The cunty son did exist in the original movie and the daughter didn't harm 4.0. A part of the McClane family being in trouble or danger has always been part of the series (apart from Vengeance), so I don't really view this as being akin to The Kingdom of the Numb Skulls. Nor do I have any problem with the set-up/ plot for the movie.

My main gripe is with the completely uninspiring choice of ultra-bland director and writer, a typically safe pair of Fox hands. However, if they prove me wrong and give us a truly great Die Hard movie, no-one will be happier to eat his words than yours truly.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah it seems like a reasonable setup for an action film, just not neccesarily a Die Hard film, unless Russia's gonna be under siege from terrorists....

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

He can still kick ass without them belonging to terrorists, I don't see that it matters really. The specific inclusion of terrorists has no bearing on whether the film will be enjoyable or not.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It would be really interesting and daring if he was fighting off American Terrorists in Russia.

7. Captaindemotion

It's all about the execution, really. I mean, Die Hard and Under Siege have the same premise, but the Seagal movie is no match for Bruce's finest hour or two.

@ Aldo, technically, McClane has fought American terrorists in two of the movies to date.

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I realized that after I hit submit, was just too lazy to edit it :p

Although fighting American terrorists on foreign soil could be a potentially new twist to the series. But judging from the brief plot summary we have, that doesn't appear to be the case.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

^Actually maybe even in three of the films since several of Hans' team are American.

Of course to destroy my own argument, as Hans says "Who says we're terrorists?"

I guess we haven't learned much about the actual plot beyond McClane and son fight Russians (maybe) but as different as they all are the Die Hard films do share the same DNA, they're all about something being taken over/taken hostage. In the first it's an office block, in the second it's an airport, the third is New York and the 4th is America. Be interesting to see what the hook of the fifth one is...I have a horrible feeling it'll just be McClane and Son vs generic band of hoodlums.

Hopefully the change of location will see the return of John McClane being out of his depth, I think the 4th one made him too super human.

10. Captaindemotion

11. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Die Hard V - Not Looking Good

Weirdest subtitle ever.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Yeah they really should change that.... ;)

Maybe originally it was Die Hard V: Of Mars!

13. Captaindemotion

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ok the film just went up a notch in my estimation if that's true...

15. Captaindemotion

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

My money's on 'Try Hard'

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't wait to see John use a fridge to survive a nuclear explosion. And don't forget the CG animals!

19. Captaindemotion

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34715

Director John Moore talks DHV and he's

20. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

78 days to shoot one car chase? I understand that action sequences take a lot of time and coordination, but, jeez that had better be the best friggin' car chase anyone's ever put on film.