Empire Magazine pics!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by HaplessCrewman, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

That wonderful rendering of the new old Enterprise was done by Daniel Broadway aka PixelMagic. Looky here.

2. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

So that means it's a fake, cool.

3. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. The Enterprise in the trailer has a silvery-metal finish and there are gaps in the saucer, including around the bridge.
    Ten bucks says the picture above is not authentic.

I hope the reflections on the window-viewer (the streaks, not the stars) are because it's a publicity still or at least because it was taken in harsher lighting than how it is filmed.
    In universe, I can't imagine that wouldn't be a non-reflective surface.

4. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Good... its a lovely image, but I wasn't digging those nacelles - not for the official film version anyway. Kudos, though, to PixelMagic on a job very well done indeed! :)

5. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Oh, I thought the pic was real... sorry to waste your time.

6. JuanBolio

Not a waste at all, I'm glad I got to see that!

7. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  8. JoeRalat

JoeRalat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have been holding out on talking about this. I like the look of the Uniforms. I think the the cast can play younger version of the crew...Not to sure on the guy that plays kirk. I am not too happy with the bridge, the upgrade look is ok, but you can see alot of changes.

Now, for most people, this film will fall into the Star Trek the animated series, or the maybe some well known trek books. I think fans will pick elements to use as cannon and try to fit them in the other 5 series, but the movie it self will not be cannon.

As for the window, why are the star streaks going to right to left. If the windows is in the front of the ship, then we would see them coming towards the screen. I think the window is for a tos style readyroom. Someone posted a photo of the bridge and if you look at the left of the bridge model, you see something sticking out...It maybe the new readyroom.
    [​IMG]

9. JuanBolio

T J - Nope, that's a real still from the teaser that came out in January. Whether or not it'll be exactly like the ship we get in the film is still up for debate. It looks a bit like Gabe Koerner's Enterprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXa0cfaTlfk

What star streaks? The stars seem to be standing still. The only other thing on the screen/window(?) I see is the glare from the bridge lights.

10. JoeRalat

JoeRalat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The large white spots. Now it could be lights..

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

They're actually overhead lights or a light by a console thats bent because behind Spock is the curved part of the ship

12. TK421

TK421 Commodore Commodore

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this. This is the first shot of the bridge I actually like!

And sure, it's a window. But who says it's a real window? My Mac has the desktop picture of the view out my window making it look like I'm looking outside, so I'm sure they can do the same in Star trek. :lol:

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, if you read all of his remarks in context it's clear that his concern with stuff like "Galaxy Quest" is to avoid making a spoof or parody or something self-consciously ironic.

14. JuanBolio

Yes, his intent seems good. I'm optimistic about this - the stills look good, the reactions so far have been great, its written by Trek fans, etc...

I guess his view of Trek just sets me ill at ease, is all.

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

T J, at widths of 1282 and 1600, the images you posted above were causing some pretty drastic screen-stretching, so I've converted them to links. If you were to resize them to no more than 800 pixels in width* or to post thumbnails linking to the larger images, then you're welcome to repost them.

Thanks!

* board policy stipulates a maximum of 640 x 480, but since this is a thread about the pictures, I think we can stretch it a little.

16. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, you can see the window on the bridge dome in that photo -- it is in the shadow but is there.

17. JuanBolio

If so, then there's more than one.

18. Sheridan

Sheridan Lieutenant Red Shirt

The image of the really wide viewscreen/window or whatever it is really reminds me of the concept art for the TOS Enterprise bridge. If you have The Art of Star Trek you'll see a concept sketch on the first 2 pages of chapter one of the bridge. Notice that it has a really wide viewscreen just like in the newly released picture.

19. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Neither has any of the other directors who has directed Star Trek.

Of course not. Abrams has had three successful shows on TV and Ron Moore has had none. Abrams is now going to headline two major motion pictures, Ron Moore has never done so. Abrams is a household name, Ron Moore isn't.

As for the topic: the viewscreen, the poses, the shots are absolutely wonderful! This will be one of the first truly creative Trek movies in a long, long time, feeling like a thorough movie and not an extended TV episode.

20. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What? Where'd you get that pic from? :eek: