Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if that means if glass blocks will be converted to glass panes or if they'll be treated as different material.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not to mention skylights.

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're a separate block-type and they can be picked up after destroying them, unlike regular glass blocks.

4. Owain Taggart

Oh, good to know. That makes those panes of glass a lot less painful! :lol: I wonder if we'll be allowed to make coloured glass?

5. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

That'd certainly be nice. With the new lighting system, maybe we can make colored spotlights? That'd really be awesome.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Colored lights would be awesome and it certainly looked like the new lighting system supports colors. With colored glass we could do stained-glass windows! Woot. I noticed they're finally adding smoothstone stairs and even brick stairs. But where are the sandstone stairs?!

7. TheGodBen

There's a new poisonous blue spider that spawns in the new dungeons. Well, I'm never going underground again. :scream:

8. Owain Taggart

I'm hoping that it's just because they didn't show sandstone stairs. It's certainly possible that the video didn't show everything.

9. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Colored glass would be cool, but I'd personally love to have glowing colored blocks. Combine sand, glowdust, and dye, toss it in the furnace, and ta-da. Colored mood lighting, giant neon billboards, you name it.

Sweet! And webs finally appear as well.

Also, my mod pick of the week, is Fossils. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t01sPCqlRDk&feature=feedu

I swear, as soon as the finished game is released, I'm gonna fill my worlds with bunnies and dinosaurs.

10. TheGodBen

Does Notch not care about my crippling arachnophobia? :scream:

I still remember my second night in the game, I had put a door on my little shack and was looking out when I saw something moving in the distance. "Is that a spider? It can't be, I didn't see anything about spiders being in the game. Oh dear, what are those glowing red things? Are those eyes? Oh my god, it is a giant spider! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!"

I waited a full two minutes after the sun to come up for it to die a horrible death, but it didn't. :wah:

11. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Stained Glass Windows? There's a mod for that. :p

I think quite a few actually.

To quote from that page as it appears now:

"09:35, 29 August 2011 Kizzycocoa (Talk | contribs) deleted "Blue Spider" ‎ (all we have is 2 tweets from a non-mojang person about a spider that is tinted blue. for all we know, this could be a bug, the result of gamma sliding, or a myriad of other things. no speculation.)"

So I wouldn't worry quite yet.

12. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Has anyone come across a chamber like this before? I was out exploring one cave system near my bunker when I came across this. It's kinda weird and neat at the same time because it's so regular. And it's not the first one like it that I've found in that particular world, there's another one underneath my bunker that is largely same.

[​IMG]

13. TheGodBen

I came across a similar cavern once:

[​IMG]

The holes in the floor and ceiling weren't there originally, I made those while mining coal and iron, there was just an entrance and an exit behind where I'm standing. I found it after an hour of spelunking in a maze-like cave network and it was a nice serene plane to relax for a few minutes before continuing on. That was almost a year ago but its unusual circular shape combined with the natural water spring has kept it in my memory, and I somehow remembered the route back.

14. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

I've seen pretty near that exact chamber in my old main. I dug three more to match it, made it a four leaf clover basement.

15. Owain Taggart

Interesting. I wonder what causes it? Doesn't seem so random, does it? Maybe the Herobrine built them ;)

16. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Yep, seen plenty of chambers like that, in different worlds.

17. Lorthos

Lorthos Lieutenant Red Shirt

Is this X? I've seen just about all your mind craft videos on YouTube. Love the pictures :)

18. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huh? No.

What makes you think that was by X?

I've also seen most of his minecraft videos, they were very good.

19. Owain Taggart

Well, witness a near lifesize Titanic in the making by Spock (yes, I like to call him that) and I. I say near lifesize because while I'm going for the real length of 269 meters, there are going to be some changes to accommodate how blocks work as we can't be terribly exact. I'll update each week or so with some progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Someone get to work on an iceberg.