Deadwood

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Temis the Vorta, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay I finally finished all three seasons! The last episode was oddly appropriate as a finale, even if it wasn't planned that way - Al back to scrubbing the floor, Joanie coming to terms somewhat with Cy, Calamity Jane reunited with Wild Bill, at least via his buffalo blanket.

Odd that the travelling actors never got to perform in their theater, and for some reason I had the notion that the series ends with the town being burned to the ground. Was that the plan for the movie that was never made?

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

:confused: what episode was this?

3. Temis the Vorta

"Tell Him Something Pretty" - that was the last episode of the series before it was cancelled, right? Netflix doesn't have an S4.

4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

^ It's not an episode. It's a series. See, TPTB decided they didn't go retro enough with ENT so they went all the way back to the 19th Century for their next series. Instead of having a Space Western why not just have a Western?

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think this has anything to do with General Trek.:p

6. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got the Deadwood box with all three seasons a couple of weeks ago. Great show... Al Swearengen has now gained access to the hallowed halls of my favourite tv show characters.

But Temis, you are a San Fransisco Cocksucka for posting this in General Trek!

7. Temis the Vorta

Ooops, I thought this was Gen Media. Moderators, kindly move this cocksuckah! :rommie:

I did like the way Wu's English improved over time.

Man oh man, if Star Trek ever were as good as Deadwood...hey, let's just change the topic, re-cast the characters in Star Trek.

Timothy Olyphant would make an excellent uptight Starfleet captain.

Slap some green paint on Powers Booth, and he's an Orion slave trader.

Ian McShane is obviously a Romulan.

Brad Dourif has already had a role in Trek, but that shouldn't stop us from enlisting him in the Andorian Imperial Guard.

Robin Weigart is Cyrano Jones' drunker, smellier little sister who takes over the family tribble-selling franchise.

William Sanderson is the slimiest Ferengi ever.

Gerald McRainey is a Cardassian who can out-scheme Garak, out-evil Dukat, and out-drink Damar.

Garrett Dillahunt is, of course, a Terminator. Err, Borg.

8. Dane_Whitman

Great idea!

I always thought Brad Dourif would make a believable agent of the Obsidian Order. I could also picture him in the Tal Shiar, or even a creepy Section 31 operative.

W. Earl Brown would make an excellent Klingon. He almost looked like one in Deadwood anyway, and he rips eyes from sockets.

William Sanderson as a Ferengi? Yeah, I can't see it any other way!

Leon Rippy could play the drunk foulmouth Bajoran who stabs Maritza in Duet.

Aside from a great Cardassian, Gerald McRainey would do well as a corrupt Starfleet Admiral.

I'd like to see Molly Parker as a Vulcan...

Robin Weigart could drink Morn under the table.

I picture Dayton Callie as an old, wise Klingon like Martok.

Not surprisingly, the only place where I can picture these actors/characters is on DS9!

9. Temis the Vorta

Weird! That was my idea, too.

10. Dane_Whitman

Maybe because she was trying to hide her feelings and look neutral quite often on the show... Most of the time she didn't succeed though. But I think she was giving off a vague Vulcan vibe every now and then.

11. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Swearing like a sailor? Yep, you've been watching Deadwood, all right. :)

Sean

12. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Yeah, they were canceled after the third season. I remember reading about a lecture David Milch gave where he said the fourth season would involve Bullock holing up in the jail after he loses the election for sheriff, until Swearengen manages to broker some sort of deal. Alma becomes a writer, chronicling events in the town, and the season would have ended with most of Deadwood — including Seth and Sol's hardware store and the Gem Saloon — burning down (this actually happened in September 1879).

I would love to see David Milch's take on Star Trek. If nothing else, we'd get to see Dennis Franz as a Klingon. Plus, considering how Milch was able to take all that police jargon on NYPD Blue and make it sound like natural, intelligible English, I think he's probably the only person who could do the same with Trek's technobabble.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Wu and his pigs needed a spin off show with cameos by Al and Dan. I really miss Deadwood as a show. Now who put the damn cinnamon in the peaches??

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Barbara Hambly should write a novel uniting Trek and Deadwood.

No, seriously. I'd buy it. Ishmael was great, so a version with proper naughtiness would be even better.

15. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Shame we didn't get to see this. There was talk once of making Deadwood movies, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen, either.

Sean