Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

i like Mark Waid. ever since he wrote Avengers #400 i've wanted to see him write the book again. and i'm a bit sad to see Superior Iron Man end so soon. i kinda liked that suit too.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's been rumored that is Rescue in the Iron Man suit stemming out of events from Superior Iron Man. I will be reading this thanks to Waid. I'm not sure why I didn't think of him. Love the line up.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Pepper flat-chested? The armor in the cover artwork looks male to me.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Big boobs are less fashionable now, or men are just more intelligent enough to find beauty attached to an a cup than they used to be.

Boobs squish.

The natural environments for Boobs, if it wasn't for 5 hundred years of brassiere technology are the human armpit, and tucked into their belt.

And even if they gave Pepper's boobs room to express themselves against Rescue's interior shell, if Tony cut down on the "armouring" then they wouldn't make an exterior impression. Which sounds like a bad idea if that's where most baddies are going to be shooring her with deathrays.

[​IMG]

I see ladybumps, but I also remember her wearing old armour of Starks, built for boys where her hips would be far more of a Cinderella problem than her breasts. As far as old Stark armour goes, (versions of?) the War Machine rig have been worn by Stark, Rhodes and Norman Osborn. It just would have made Norman go insane that much faster if he had to wad the crotch area with cotton wool so that his coozer wasn't afraid of the echoes.

5. Admiral_Young

It also could be restored Tony since he's clashing with himself in Superior right now, but Pepper is involved in that story and has been teased shown in her Rescue suit. It does obviously look like a male suit though.

6. Guy Gardener

In Superior there's an empty suit of armour working with Pepper.

Way back, at the beginning of Mighty Avengers, it seemed that Stark was dead, so provisions were tripped, and an old version of iron man showed up...

Starktech 9.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's also worth keeping in mind that this is post Secret Wars, so if that does end up leading to reboot, or mash-up like I've been expecting, then this could be a Stark or some other Iron Person from an alternate universe.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about Hickman's Avengers books. Am I the only one absolutely loving this ending?

9. Guy Gardener

Ended or winding down to an end?

Have I missed an annual or a giant sized special?

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Mr Light-- Hickman's Avengers is a lot to take in. I'm not sure I'll truly appreciate "Time Runs Out" until I stack 'em and read it all at once.

Well, the "Black Vortex" crossover has been weak tea for the most part, but there was a gratifying moment in today's GotG where Hank McCoy finally admits how badly he screwed up by bringing the O5 X-Men to the present day. His actions "may have destroyed time and space" and he admits that he knew at the time that he was wrong to do it. Finally. As much as one may find fault with some of Scott Summers actions of the last few years, I've considered many of Beast's actions to be equally arrogant and hypocritcal. To have him finally realize it was a nice moment.

Conversely, over in "Uncanny", we have a repentant Scott Summers who was preparing to turn himself in to the authorities, if not for the arrival of his brother Alex (What happened to Alex' face?).

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Alex was scarred in the events of Uncanny Avengers.

I actually half-wondered if Beast was saying he was somehow responsible for opening the window of the end of the Multiverse as seen in Avengers, but the Bendis books seem to be ignoring that storyline...

12. Guy Gardener

Too busy writing to read each others books?

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Bendis and Remender don't like each other. Remender hates Bendis for killing Voodoo in New Avengers and Bendis does't like Remender for writing Alex.

14. Saga

i love Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run. its one of those runs that you could read and reread several times and still find new stuff.

Black Vortex is pretty disappointing.

15. Admiral_Young

Black Vortex other than being a back door plot thing to set up Trial of Hank McCoy seems to be the only thing really that it was designed to do...otherwise has been completely useless.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's just weird because in the past decade Bendis' books have been one long running tie-in to the latest mega crossover, regardless of whether he wrote it or not. So for his books to be ignoring THE FORTHCOMING DEATH OF THE MULIVERSE is just bizarre. Hell, even Spider-Man referenced it in the middle of Spider-Verse! ;)

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It sounds like the X-Men might be split off from the rest of the Marvel Universe following Secret Wars.
    It is an interesting idea, although will be weird after they appear to have been working really hard for a while now to really incorporate them into the rest of the MU.
    I know some people have found it odd that the mutants are so hated while there are so many other superbeings around, this could be a good way to resolve that. Perhaps it'll also give them a chance to focus more on the Inhumans, who are kind of mutantish.

18. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I just don't read it like that at all - all he really seems to be saying is that the X-men line will have a more coherent shared universe not that they will not be around in the main marvel universe.

19. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am deeply uncomfortable with the idea of hiving off the X-Characters from the rest of the Marvel Universe line.

20. Saga

^ same here. they really need to get someone to mastermind the X-books. Bendis clearly failed. IMO it would be great if they could get Grant Morrison back.