The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Shark

Shark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks! The Botany Bay is hiding behind the Enterprise.

2. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I like this. The Trek sets will look good with the Funko figures. I do wish they had done the survival hut seen in the Zefram Cochran episode. I have been working on one of those in 1/18 scale but got sidetracked. Can I assume that each page is designed to print out on a single standard size page of print paper?

CCC.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That Khan. Always up to something sneaky. ;)

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm going to the Cincinnati Comic Expo this weekend. I'm sure there will be The Force Awakens figures available, at a sizable markup. :eek:

5. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

I've seen a few at various Walgreens. Though retail for a 3.75 5 POA figure at Walgreens is like $12.

I felt dumb buying a stormtrooper at Target because he cost just over $6.

6. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, though it's recommended to use cardstock instead of standard paper. Regular paper won't make very sturdy sets.

Also, be sure to print the test page first, to make sure your printer will print everything at the right scale. Otherwise you take a chance at wasting ink on out of scale set printouts.

7. cooleddie74

Good luck on finding something cool and relatively cheap. Right now the new TFA figures both 3.75" and 6" aren't going to fall into that second category, not unless you want extras of pegwarmers like Constable Zuvio and the Resistance Trooper.

I can only imagine what the convention vendors and scalpers want for a 6" Kylo Ren or Rey with BB-8. eBay can give you a hint, but sometimes the sellers you meet in person at events like that want even more than the online guys.

8. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Thanks I have the card stock, I just wanted to check the scale.

CCC.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Vendors at the Cincinnati Comic Expo wanted $20-$25 for the various 3.75" TFA figures. No thanks. I'll wait for them to restock at Wal-Mart. :lol:

10. cooleddie74

None of the new 3.75" figures from The Force Awakens are worth $25. None of them. Not even Kylo Ren or the rarely-spotted Wave 2 figures like Sarco Plank.

11. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wave 4 of the world Nintendo figures expected out Late 2015. (Hopefully on all store shelves this time unlike wave 3 where I had to resort to overspending on Ebay...)
    [​IMG][/IMG]

12. TheVortaKeevan

TheVortaKeevan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You can buy like three figures at any store for twenty five dollars. I can't believe vendors are still pulling that move. How do you guys make the room for your collection? I guess it does help to take them out of package.

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My new American Girl arrived while I was on vacation. She's so cute. She came with some cute stuff! She needs a name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bonus outfit I bought at Target:

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

Apparently some Walgreens locations are getting the new 6" Black Series figures from The Force Awakens, and not just the first wave. Wave 2 characters like Poe Dameron and Constable Zuvio have also been found at Walgreens which means that there's a new place to shop for the 6" TFA figures you couldn't find at any of the big box retail chains. The Walgreens price is $19.99, the same as those of Toys "R" Us and Target.

Wave 2 includes the following characters:

Poe Dameron
    Guavian Enforcer
    Constable Zuvio

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Went into Wallmart the other day and as others have reported...our racks are still thin and haven't been restocked since Force Friday.

Although and I know they're not toys...but they have in some of "The Force Awakens" promo posters in stock.

16. ManOnTheWave

Stopped by Target yesterday. They had two Jakks 31 inch First Order Stormtroopers. One with a mark on his nose; one with a broken hand. :scream: Looking at them makes me want to hold out for the 48 inch FO Stormtrooper that's in the pipeline.

They did have a BB8 remote toy. Looking at it makes me want a Sphero. But not a SW one. They had most of the $20 and $30 vehicles and two deluxe figures. Stuff is still shipping and being stocked, it's just selling out really freaking fast.

Hit a Walgreens. TFA 5POS figs are $9.99, not $12.99. They must have been misplaced at the other store. I'm still not paying $9.99 though.

17. cooleddie74

I haven't yet checked my own local Walgreens this week. I know they don't have any of the new 6" TFA figures just yet but stores are in the process of receiving new endcap displays for their 6-inch Black Series and other, larger Star Wars figures. Maybe they'll get a few new figures.

18. ManOnTheWave

Just checked out TRU. They have the four foot FO Stormtrooper and the four foot Darth Vader. Do want.

19. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Vader's voice is very weird with this.

I was at Target today, no didn't buy anything as much as I was tempted. They got additional 6" Black figures in, they had multiples of Kylo, Chewbacca, and Finn. They also had this, it is $49 but probably worth it.
    [​IMG]

20. cooleddie74

^
    I saw that at my Target the other day. I don't collect those but that set looks nice for what it is.

Mine has yet to restock any of the new 6" Black Series figures and the peg wall is still just as dry as it was the past few times I checked. Force Friday wiped out a lot of my area stores.