The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I'm not going to try and ration it out again or edited it... Well maybe later but the the timeline is harder to pin down from this episode. But the night Daryl and Beth burned down the moonshine shack would've been the night of the day Rick, Michonne and Carl found the sign to Terminus. So Daryl's encounter with these guys would have taken place AFTER whatever happened in that house. In fact it seems to take place a couple days after.

Maggie's group is a lot harder since no indication is given on the kind of time that's passed between the bus and the beginning of the episode. But I'd guess they're up to the night of the day Rick found the sign too.

We'll go ahead and say Glenn and his group are too. Since when the truck broke down they were probably around 100 miles or more away and had to WALK back to the area.

So I say everyone is caught up except for Daryl and Beth who are now a day or two ahead of everyone else.

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The guy that Rick killed in the bathroom and the other guy that died in the bedroom were not in the group when they met Darryl so that would suggest that they found Darryl after the house.

3. Trekker4747

No guy in the bedroom died, he was just passed out. He was a dark-skinned guy with a do-rag and we DO see him in the group who met up with Daryl.

When passes out in the previous episode the show does make it a point tho show/hear him still breathing. He was just unconscious.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

For a lot of the show, no one can hear walkers approaching, now people don't notice other people until they're right behind them.

I'm glad they moved on from the prison. It was getting boring.

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I agree.

6. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

No guesses anyone?? I always have such random questions when it comes to this episode, lol.

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

He was drinking cough syrup in a later scene. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that'll get him high. Any hair gels do that?

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Did anyone else notice that the leaves covering the road where Daryl was running suddenly just stopped in a perfect line? Is it possible this is something that was supposed to be added in post and slipped through the cracks?

And put me down as being surprised Daryl just flung the door open without looking. Other than that, I really enjoyed the episode. The last one too. I don't feel they are filler at all.

9. Trekker4747

"You're incapable of that level of incompetence, Daryl!"

10. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

I got from the way they reacted when they heard the cans rattle that it wasn't the second or even third time that that dog had come to the door. To me it seemed like there was a look of exasperation in their faces when they heard, like it had been happening all night. That would make a little more sense as to why Daryl would be confident enough that it was just the dog again that he didn't have to check

11. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I was also surprised Daryl flung the door open without looking through the cracks to see if things were clear. lol

Like you, I also don't think the the episode was that bad.

At this point, I don't feel any of the characters are 'safe.' Anyone can go down at this point since the show has long diverged from the graphic novels. Many characters we thought were safe because they were main, strong characters were killed off (e.g. Hershel). Even though Daryl is one of the popular characters, he looks as if he can go down at any point if he's not careful....

12. Trekker4747

So, if he thought it was the dog why even open the door, then? Or even get-up to check, why not ignore it? And why make this "alarm" if you're not going to check out the window whenever it goes off even if you think it's just a dog? And ESPECIALLY when you can see the moving, human-sized, shadows out the windows?

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm just hungry for some more deaths. If and when they're all reunited, the cast is way too big-
    Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Abraham, Rositia, Eugene, Lily, Maggie, Bob, Sasha, Daryl, Beth, Tyreese, Carol, and those two kids (I can't remember their names off hand)
    That's 17, 18 if you count Judith

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a little slaughter of that number by the end of the season.

14. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes...and more shocks than you can shake a now-former-cast-member at!

As I've said before, no one sees a problem with this, as it happens in real life. It is routine.

Maybe. If the man Rick killed and the strangled guy (bedroom floor) were not among the group that found Daryl, then we can assume it is post-Rick's house.

Additionally, the car's windows appeared to be blacked out (even for a night shot), along with the cross. If the driver was the owner of the funeral home, it would seem he has nothing to do with Joe's group.

I think viewer expectation--set up by over the top telegraphing dialogue (not to mention the casket scene) in this and the previous episode--could see Beth surviving, while her boyfriend does not...

15. Trekker4747

The guy who was strangled and passed out by the unseen bed-jacker was seen among the group that finds Daryl, not to mention their leader. (The guy with the annoying tennis ball in that episode.) The guy who was strangled was only strangled until he passed out, not until he died. We hear/see him breathing not long after he passes out.

16. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder why Daryl did not try to get to the second story with Beth; walkers shamble and at the top of the stairs, Daryl could have picked them off almost in a one-by-one manner. Or kick one down, taking the rest with it.

...yeah, but would YOU take that chance, not knowing who was inside? For all the driver knew, the occupants could have come out spraying everything in sight with high powered weaponry. Dangerous chance...or convenient scripting.

17. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, this is what I was saying a few weeks back, stop creating scenarios from the characters doing something stoopid because of your sloppy writing skills.

I'm thinking it's common sense for

1. You to look through the crack of the boards nailed to the door, if I could "someone" through them sitting on my couch then surly you could see them with your face at the door.

2. If the dog is skittish to begin with, why would you snatch the door open and scare it?
    I'd crack the door open slowly then squat down with food in my hand and look as small and non-threatening as I could.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  18. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's why you bait the place with the dog. See what their response is. You set this place as a trap & just sit back & observe, & what they saw was one man with a crossbow, carrying an injured girl on his back into the house. That's when you decide if it's worth the risk to capture someone for nefarious intentions

The whole thing is a setup. Someone baits the fish with a barking dog 2 or 3 times & then lures in walkers to cause havoc so they can abduct someone with the waiting car

It is a bit hard to swallow Daryl not double checking the door, but if you listen carefully when he gets up from the table, you can hear the dog barking along with the can alarm. The dog is probably part of the setup. Trained to bark or flea on command

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

If that's the case, he knows what Ricks looks like, so now I wonder if the group is looking for Rick because he killed the guy in the bathroom.

Also, notice that they met Darryl at the train tracks so they could have been tracking Rick up the railroad tracks and that would bring them also to Terminus. So if Darryl heads to Terminus then that makes Beth the only one of the main group you are not sure about where she going and what's happening to her.

20. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a likely circumstance. I've been thinking that myself, except, I've been thinking this will all come to a head before they get to Terminus