Avengers & Ed Norton

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

A little tid bit for those of us following the Captain America & Thor threads.

AVENGERS related.
    Ed Norton's agents have had, it seems, casual feel you out type talks about Norton being interested. Seems he is open to the idea...for now.
    I'd wager it might come down to how much screen time he'd get. Being his jaded alter-ego would be needed for a truer adaption of Avengers #1 Banner might not have much actual face time. A good screenplay might prove otherwise but hey its still 2-3yrs away.

2. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

Query, why wasn't participation in The Avengers a condition of his contract for The Incredible Hulk?

3. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

From other interviews I've read, he said he enjoyed doing the Hulk and wishes all the behind the scene arguements didn't become public knowledge.

I don't think it's not that he doesn't want to do it, it's just that the longer they wait the bigger scheduling conflicts they might have. Someone like Norton isn't going to turn down other parts waiting to reprise his role as Banner.

They should have done a Hulk sequel to keep him occupied in the mean time.

4. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Actor contracts are so bloody long and complicated, there's always any number of ways for an actor to get out of sequel options. His participation in anything else may have depended on several factors that are no longer relevant. After his dissatisfaction with The Incredible Hulk and the rumours about him not wanting to promote it, perhaps he eventually did on the stipulation that he's released from further commitments. Things like that happen all the time. I'm sure you heard about his grumbling and not wanting to do press, but suddenly he turns up in things promoting it. That doesn't just happen because somebody said; "Edward, please?"

5. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder who he didn't get along with?

Well today at least, this is positive news I think. But it all seems to change from day to day.

I just want him in for continuity's sake (I'm a sucker for that type of stuff).

I bet Bana would have had no problem being second or third fiddle in an Avengers movie.

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Or, Bana & Norton could split up screentime and both play Banner. They don't explain it, and one scene there's Norton, and then the next there's Bana. Maybe Stark or Captain America could comment like, "Hey, you look different", but that's all the attention they give it.

7. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

"Mutating into a giant, muscled out green dude really fucks with your bone structure."

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Avi Arad?

9. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was my first thought. I don't remember if he was part of the 2nd Hulk movie.

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish they'd done that with Cyclops in X3 rather than kill him off just because the actor was doing Superman Returns. The guy's a mutant and behind a visor, for Pete's sake! Just toss in a casual reference to not figuring out how to undo some gene-scrambling mutant's attack. :p

I too hope Norton comes back in some capacity. But wouldn't it be a mindf**** if Bana returned... with the continuity and other cast members carried over from TIH?! :guffaw:

11. The Fatman

The Fatman Captain Captain

Whoever it was, they were clearly in the wrong. Having seen just the cut footage on the 2 disc DVD, I can tell there was a lot of phenomenal character stuff that hit the floor. The movie as it is is decent, definitely a fun little popcorn movie, but it could have been so much better.

12. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

McCoy: "She change her hair?"

Kirk: "I hadn't noticed."

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ralph Kramden?

14. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Now, I know being a member of this board I should know better, but I'm drawing a blank right now. What movie was that from and in reference to what?

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing it's referring to Saavik, but I'm probably wrong.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wasn't that an exchange they had in Star Trek III talking about Saavik? When Robin Curtis had replaced Kirstie Alley from the previous film.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Actually, no. That line was said in ST2:TWOK about the Kirstie Alley Saavik.

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Yes, simply referring to the fact that she'd let her hair down while off duty. She wasn't wearing her normal uniform either.

The hairstyle was still within regulations. :vulcan:

19. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Maybe if they are that stuck for getting actors back we simply just settel for the Hulk. I know that's who most will be more excited about seeing.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, they don't actually need Norton, but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it happen if Banner rather than the Hulk is needed.