Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by 22 Stars, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

How large is the total download?

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked mine up and Gamestop told me I really should have preordered, since they probably wouldn't have any. He opens the drawer, and it's completely full :lol:

3. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I bought it off Steam today, and have played a bit of it, and I really like it. It's very fun!

4. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not that big - 8GB total.

I totally agree. The only janky part was getting stuck in the upgrade menu until I spent some XP (but that might have been my Pinnacle profile). There's even a second set of keybinds if you want to play split-screen co-op on the PC (which is totally fucking awesome).

The only bad thing is that there's no .INI files that control whether the damn pre-menu logos play, so you have to sit through them every time you start up the game.

Yes, there's a ready room(?) on deck one that Kirk and Spock leave to go to the bridge.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If it's at the beginning, I thought that was Spock's quarters? I ran into one glitch at New Vulcan where Spock simply refused to come over and help me open the first door. He just stood there phaser in hand looking at me. Had to restart from the last checkpoint.

6. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah I can tell they put in a great deal of effort into this game. It's a few hairs away from being a AAA game!

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I rented the PS3 version from a Redbox up the street from where I live this morning. I played up the Gorn attack on the Federation station, and so far I'm loving it. It plays kind of like a combination of the Arkham and Mass Effect games. I'm playing as Spock, and I have to admit I did make a nerdy little squeal the first time I nerve pinched somebody. I'm hoping to start a co-op game playing as Kirk once my mom gets off work.
    Does anyone know who voices T'Mar? She sounds familiar, but I can't find any cast lists that includes non-movie characters. I tried watching the credits but it just had the movie cast and then additional voices.

8. BillJ

The first mission where you're using the Enterprise to fight the Gorn is pissing me off! :scream:

9. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i wish i could play it. i've been trying to get it to run on my PS3 for the last 40 minutes. I get past picking Kirk, and then the game just keeps locking up on the loading screen.

10. BillJ

Possibly a bad disc?

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

I've played about two hours so far (on PC) and I must say that I'm not impressed and not holding out much hope.

12. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

How do you do the danged space mission? Tactical view seemed absolutely worthless. :wtf:

13. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What little I've seen so far looked like the scenes towards the end of the film (where the warp cores are ejecting); that might have been the brewery too, but at least it wasn't as off-putting as the earlier scenes with the communications vats and the coolant pipe...

Definitely not the concept engine room.

What the heck? Why is the 360 version only 3.7 GB?

That's the game assuming you followed the "open the upgrade menu" tutorial prompt, and are continuing that tutorial. :)

14. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Compression and probably less resolution assets. This game supports some real weird resolutions.

What platform are you playing?

15. trekkier

trekkier Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ive been playing coop with my girlfriend all night. God damn was that space mission hard. The tactical thingy was really hard to grasp, and we must have died about 10 times before we finially got past it. And that damn part with the shields...ugh.

We stopped after that for tonight. Other wise the game has been really fun, lots of great Kirk/Spock banter. Plus the whole cast doing the voice over work...awesome.

16. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I played about 3 hours tonight. So far, so good. The space combat is far from perfect, not very intuitive and it's tough to discern what range the ships are at so you know which one to shoot at when.

I played solo as Kirk, looking forward to completing it so I can go again as Spock.

17. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Do you think it will have replay value?

I'm worried that the single player will have little replay value, much like most console games of the past 5-10 years.
    Any free roam on the Enterprise during missions (hey, I can hope, can't I)? ;)

18. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i also notice when i get to the start screen, the music skips around. I did a full reset on my ps3, still no luck. The game still freezes after picking kirk or spock. My wife's gonna call in Gamestop today, see if they have another copy.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw a video on Youtube with the game's versions of the communications vats and the area where Scotty went through the pipes. They've tried to make it look more spaceshippy (different light fixtures etc), but the proportions look wrong. I guess they couldn't get beer factory blueprints and had to guesstimate the sizes of everything.

I really hope I'm gonna be able to play this! It looks more and more fun the more I see (and hear) of it.

20. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Finding research data should give it some replay value for me. Not sure more than that yet.