Props. Homemade or otherwise.

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Chubtoaster, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Chubtoaster

Chubtoaster Cadet Newbie

Does anyone feel like sharing pictures of their homemade Star Trek Props, replica props, used-on-set props, or costumes? Here is a picture of my homemade Mobile Emitter from VOY episode Author, Author. Please contribute; I'd like to see what you guys come up with.

[​IMG]

2. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

You'll find an epic thirty-three page thread on props here:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=81174

3. Chubtoaster

Chubtoaster Cadet Newbie

Thank you very much for finding that thread. I enjoyed it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Have you seen this handy ENT prop hint?
    http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/2007/10/hey-hoshi-translate-this-we-all-know.html

Also, below is the resin and cardboard "USS Hood" insignia badge I made for wearing with my ST II-era Starfleet uniform. The first version was made quickly out of white plastic ice cream tub plastic and some gold-painted cardboard. Then, when I got hold of a commercial ST II Starfleet metal pin, I created a silicon mould, tinkered with the background to eliminate the delta shield, and recast another one in resin. Of course, when I designed the first one, we didn't know that Reliant (and then Excelsior in ST III) would be sharing the same insignia as the Enterprise.

[​IMG]
    Hood badge by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

The original cardboard and plastic version in action, teamed with a gold-painted cardboard over commercial padded-metal belt buckle:

[​IMG]
    Therin meets Grol by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Therin and Danni by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011