Fast & Furious 7 - Lucas Black returns to franchise

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If that was the real poster it would have been in pretty poor taste... seeing as how that car is going off the road...

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Paul Walker's missing scenes to be done via CGI and body doubles:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66645

“They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul’s physique and they will be used for movement and as a base,” one source close to production tells us. “Paul’s face and voice will be used on top using CGI."

This sounds like an incredibly creepy and morbid idea and I can't imagine this won't look horribly fake...

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

They did it in The Crow.

And they do it all the time when actors are not available.

4. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I sincerely hope this is executed to the very best limits of the technology - or yes, creepy and morbid is right.

5. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Is the Rock in this movie?

6. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, I wonder if the WWE/F will seize the name from him at some future point. Anyway he list as Dwayne Johnson now, like some rappers drop their names when they move to acting

speaking of which Ludacris and Bow Wow are listerd under their rapper names. Bow Wow also coming from Tokyo Drift. While Ludacris is billed as Ludacris, Chris Ludacris Bridges and Chris Bridges over his acting career.

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Dwayne Johnson and the WWE are on very good terms still. Letting him use the name is essentially free advertising for the WWE, so unless they develop some bad blood it seems pretty unlikely he'd be forced to drop it.

8. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Judging by how they have treated their other ex-employees I do wonder that if at some point if X amount of Wrestlemanias happen and Dwayne Johnson declines to participate in any form they would move to snatch away his right to be The Rock or The Roc in the future. I also wonder how "Hulk Hogan" got away with it when working for the competition when his brethren had to change their stage names?

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skpu5HaVkOc[/yt]

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I've seen and quite enjoyed the first and 4th film in the series. I'm by no means a big fan of it. But that new trailer looks absolutely brilliant.

11. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

12. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't care if this movie is silly or not I can't wait to see it this weekend. My nephew who has loved cars since he was a baby has truly grown up with these movies so I'm going to have a good time seeing it with him no matter what.

The Hulk Hogan name predates the Vince WWE era and he himself has the trademark to the name.

At this point, [rock]It doesn't matter[/rock] if WWE for some reason tried to claim the name to the Rock he's more than established himself as a movie star. I don't think the Rock is in any hurry to go anywhere but the WWE at this stage. And promotion goes both ways, it was no coincidence that his Furious co-star "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey happened to be at Wrestlemania to give the Rock a hand.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Likely to go see it tomorrow. Actually looking pretty forward to see it. As dumb and over-the-top as these movies are, I do enjoy them in a guilty-pleasure way.

14. Serveaux

The skydiving scene is only the third or fourth most over the top sequence in the movie. Three skyscrapers. The Rock. You'll believe a Charger can fly.

Okay, maybe you won't.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The movie made 68 million dollars on Friday and will have one of the highest grossing opening weekends (not counting for inflation) EVER!!!

I have only seen the first one, and maybe the second. I find it stunning that this franchise is one of the biggest ever. Who would have thought that 15 years ago. I love Vin Diesel, seems like a great guy and loves his fans, so I'm really happy the franchise just gets bigger and bigger.

Now just keep making Ridick movies and I'll be happy.

16. Serveaux

They figure it'll top out between 140-150 million for the weekend.

Toretto's main car - his father's car - is in fact a Charger rather than a Camaro. Guess I'm not really a car guy. :lol:

17. Serveaux

Do we have a Spoilers topic for this or can we just blurt stuff out right here?

18. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

True story: Vin Diesel and Paul Walker used to play World of Warcraft. Vin played tauren and Paul played a troll.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Go ahead and start the F7 discussion/grading topic if you want. It will be few days until I can see the movie. :(

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Phew! Thanks for your permission! We were all nervous there for a bit!