Buffy the Vampire Slayer Remake... Without Joss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, May 26, 2009.

1. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

That would imply that people give a crap about what I think. If they're smart, then they don't.

2. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As an aside, now I know what a Trek XI hater feels like. To hate the idea of something so vehemently and know that deep down I'll probably plunk down money to see it anyway :lol:

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

You're painting with too broad a brush there, Thrall. There are reasonable fans of Whedon's shows who do criticize some of his creative decisions. I count myself as one of them. I'm a big fan of Whedon's shows, but he's by no means perfect.

As for the idea of making this movie: I didn't know that Kuzui had ownership of the brand to the extent that such a thing could happen, so this is a surpising announcement. It's a really bad idea and I hope it doesn't come to fruition. If they want to do a next generation slayer movie (which introduced a new post-Buffy slayer in the future) that would be one thing, but a reboot with a new actress playing Buffy would likely be unsuccessful.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I imagine the producers that come up with these lazy, bad ideas are just like the guys in those Orange cinema ads about "phones ruining the movie"

Coming up with really shitty ideas just to make a quick buck
    Lord of the Ringtones

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Isn't that the first one they did? They're funny the first time you see them, then you get sick of them by the 3rd viewing.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think it's a bit late to bring back the cast to make a Buffy movie. JJ Abams rebooting Star Trek has been a huge success. As long as they great writers and actors they could do a great job.

Hopefully they don't do what T4 did which was get McG and the writers of Catwoman. Talk about failure from the get go!:rommie:

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that was the first one yes, at least that I can recall

I normally hate having to sit through ads in cinemas but I always laugh at these, no matter how many times I see them (although some are better than others.) One the latest ones with Dennis Hopper on the bus I must have seen about 5 times, but it still makes me laugh
    "The bus blows up as it bursts through an O in a giant Orange billboard!"
    "Yeah, people will die!"
    :lol:

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

And rebooting Buffy might be a success if they wait longer. It may be too late to do a movie with the original cast, but I think it's too soon for a reboot. But I don't think a reboot is the way to go. The concept allows for introducing new characters within the established universe. That would be a much better route to take in my opinion.

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I think the problem is the amount of times I go to cinema. Usually at least once a week, so I see them about 20 times before they have a new one.

I quite like the latest one with Emilio Estevez "Saving Private Ryan's Number?" "I was holding a photograph in that scene." :lol:

10. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

There are hardcore and moderate fans on either side. If you haven't run into hardcore combative SW fans yet, I have to ask which Internet you've been hanging out on! :LOL:

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

A big part of me doesn't want there to be any movie that continues from the series. I really hated the Buffy series finale. It became too bloated with all the supporting characters that I didn't care about.

If they do a movie about Buffy I think it would be best for them to return to the formula of having one teenage girl with a small group of friends in highschool fighting evil. The series started to go downhill a bit for me after they left highschool.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

You could return to that formula with a new slayer and a new group of friends, though.

13. kissthestar

kissthestar Captain Captain

Why redo a high school vamp fighting group? Why not choose another setting?

14. Hennessy Badger

Hennessy Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

^
    You beat me to it.

He's quite wordy about it, too.

16. Supreme Admiral

Supreme Admiral Captain

He's cool with it? Why doesn't that surprises me?

17. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh feth, does this mean we are going to get an Angel who sparkles?

18. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

Well, remaking Buffy without Whedon, Willow, Xander, etc, is a stupid idea. It would be like rebooting Star Trek with non of the original characters except a guy named Kirk, flying around in a ship named something other than Enterprise.

However, Whedon's nonchalant response may indicate that even he realizes that, hey, it's just a show. We'll always have our DVD's or recordings or whatever of the TV series.

The remake is still a stupid idea, though.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Buffy- I might throw up on you.........

Mrs Summers- Buffy, you have to see this

cue wide shot of the Summer's new home

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I just had a thought -- what if this is Buffy's version of The Nude Bomb?