Improving your Sci-Tech Forum

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jadzia, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Go backa few months, look up some threads about stopping tornadoes and the like.

2. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Oh yeh, I remember that tornadoes thread. Didn't know who started it by memory though and not seen any other than that one by him I don't think cos I don't recall his name to be honest.

3. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just read through this thread for the first time today. Interesting conversation!

Looking about now almost 18 months since this thread's first life, how do you feel about the effectiveness of this thread? Is this a different forum than it was a year and a half ago?

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Well, it did change hands, and I'm sure I don't run it quite like Jadzia did. This isn't a forum that requires a ton of moderation. I wish there was more science discussion than there is--this forum leans quite heavily to the "tech" side, for reasons both numerous and obvious.

The loss of certain members has improved the level of discussion but I'm not sure what else to do here.

5. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Discuss the success ratio of store bought vs homemade ouija boards?

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Careful, I could construe that as trolling. :evil:

7. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Here I thought it was moderately humourous considering earlier parts of this thread. And considering how both the US and USSR spent a lot of time and money on such silly psychic research... it could also be construed as a legitimate question. But... forget it. I give up. That smiley scares me.