Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm game for a new Spidey, and don't really mind most of the changes, but I really dislike the idea of Mary Jane hooking up with him. If Peter dies in ASM 700 and she's making out with a new Spider-Man a week later that's just...weird. It's so against her character (IMO) that it actually has me thinking Peter will fake his own death for whatever reason in the final issue of Amazing, and Mary Jane will be the only one who knows the truth.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

interesting theory. maybe its Arno Stark.

3. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno is Arno in 616? BUT it's interesting - or heh it's Rhodey. Is there any word if Rhodey still has a role somewhere in Marvel NOW?

4. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guardians of the Galaxy Iron Man armor - it's going to be the dog. Remember that I called it first when the big reveal happens.

Seriously, it's probably a Space Knight from Galador (Rom's old stomping grounds). It could even be a new iteration of the Firefall knight.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't recall anything reading anything specific but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rhodey pop up in Gillen's Iron Man.

Also Dan Slott gave more hints as to who Superior Spider-Man is. He said the character has Spider-Man "pedigree" and is someone we've seen before. Superior will also be bi-monthly as Amazing was. He also confirmed that this Spider-Man will be the same one appearing in Avenging Spider-Man. Starting in January this character will be Spider-Man. Obviously something is going to happen to Peter Parker in 700. I don't think they'd go as far as killing Peter....perhaps we might get another attempt to retire the character like they tired with Ben Reily. We shall have to wait and see.

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably Spider Man 2099.

That would require Bendis having more knowledge of past Marvel continuity than he currently has.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So is the ASM title being name-changed to "Superior Spider-Man", then?

8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

^ Sort of. Amazing Spider-Man is ending with #700. Superior Spider-Man will be its replacement.

9. Admiral_Young

I am now thinking Miguel as well. Especially since it was stated on one of the Marvel panels that we would be seeing Spider-Man 2099 back soon. I can totally see Miguel hitting on and even kissing Mary Jane.

10. PsychoPere

I don't think the 2099 mention during the panel was a definite. CBR covered it as an answer to a young boy, with Wacker saying "We'll do it for you" and not referencing any sort of timeframe. He was probably just humoring the kid.

11. Admiral_Young

It's not just what was said at the panel to the kid...Miguel does make a lot of sense to what Slott has teased. The only thing that Miguel doesn't have is the retractable claws...perse.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is Rhodey Iron Man 2.0? I remember somebody saying something about IM 2.0 in an interview, I just can't remember which series it was referring to.

13. Admiral_Young

He was, but I don't know if that is going through to Marvel Now or not.

14. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually.. he kinda does. He has claws on his finger tips and on his feet.

http://amazingspideysuits.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/spider-man-2099-costume.png]/img]

I think it's Miguel - or maybe "A" Miguel I mean they did sorta bring in that quasi-alternate 2099 Spidey in Exiles. If they brought in other Exiles characters into the 616 reality, makes sense ol' Miggy would show up somewhere.

15. PsychoPere

To add fuel to the speculation fire, Marvel is reprinting Andy "Alpha" Maguire's Amazing Spider-Man #682 introduction in January as Alpha #0.1. The reprint comes out January 16th, one week after Superior Spider-Man #1 releases on January 9th.

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

There's an obvious objection to Alpha as Superior Spider-Man -- his age.

Slott has said that SSM and MJ will be a couple. MJ is somewhere in the vicinity of thirty. Alpha is a high school kid, sixteen or seventeen. While I suppose it's theoretically possible that MJ and Andy Maguire could be a couple, it's also awfully skeevy.

17. Admiral_Young

Unless there is some kind of weird age acceleration process to Andy that happens because of his wonky powers, then yeah I agree with Allyn. I'm still leaning on it being Miguel.

First look at Fraction's "Fantastic Four". It's not much...so I'm not going to judge yet...but I will say that I have a feeling that I'm not going to enjoy this as much as Hickman's run. A short leash indeed.

EDIT: Also it just occurred to me that Mark Bagley's Reed reminds me of Richard Parker a bit :)

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=47830

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Next week's previews, courtesy of CBR...

I'm down for Avengers 32 (more on the return of the Wasp!), AvX: Consequenses 3, Captain America 19 (final issue of Brubaker's run, and as I'm not picking up the new book, my final issue as well), FF 23 (Hickman's final issue, mine as well) and Journey into Mystery 645 (Gillen's final issue, and mine as well. Do you see a pattern here?).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  19. Admiral_Young

Yep final issues before the start of Marvel Now. It's of course kind of already started with the launch of Uncanny Avengers, but most of the other books will be starting next month. That is why we're zooming through AVX: Consequences. It's also Iron Man's last issue, the same for Jason Aaron's Hulk book.

-Amazing Spider-Man #696 (Battle of the Hobgoblins!)
    -Avengers #32 (Yes, I'm reading this because it is Bendis final arc)
    -AVX: Consequences #3
    -FF #23 (Hickman :( )
    -Ultimate Comics Ultimates #17

Very short week from Marvel.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Incredible Hulk #15 (really glad this over, Aaron's Hulk went sideways sometime back)
    Punisher War Zone #1 (the true beginning of the end with Rucka's run on Frank)