Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

^ Exactly. There are lots of interesting things that could and should be explored in this two parter. I wonder if Kaine will be able to detect that his "brother" isn't himself? I doubt this will be the case but it should be tons of fun!

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

this week's FF was a lot of fun. but man, Age of Ultron just continues to drag on and on. its so AWFUL.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Only two episodes left to Age of Ultron and I just keep caring less with every issue. Morgana La Fey? Yawn. This is by far the most disappointing "summer crossover" of the past decade. At least Final Crisis worked on SOME level. At least Fear Itself was an enjoyable romp even if it ended up having little consequences.

4. Admiral_Young

I stopped after issue two. This was worse than Fear Itself and Avengers Vs X-Men. This really should have been kept in it's original five issue arc as Bendis' "Avengers" grand finale instead of being made an unnecessary event. I'm slightly curious about Angela (I know most fans could probably care less about her, and the ending). I might get this in trade from the library when it comes out but otherwise it's been truly disappointing.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

10 issues! I thought Age of Ultron was going to be 6.

If Morgana is making a grab for power, where the frakk is Merlin and Arthur?

(Not even (re)born yet according to Iron Man vol 1 #250.)

That's what I loved about (the direct to video movie) Stargate Continuum when Baal did this. After spending 50 years building an empire, he comes to earth and DOESN'T WANT TO FRAKK IT DEATH... Because Earth is a cool place to live (heroine and sodomy parties?) with fantastic pleasures (X-Box and pizza?) to offer that the Goul'd slave worlds pale to in comparrison.

Baal just forgot about the consistent glue that holds any universe together... "Bitches be crazy."

"Sigh"

Loved this from Buffy...

The Master "How do you know that the other world will be any better?"

Giles: "Anything is better than this."

Reality check: I just swooned.

Did you just swoon?

Memories of Emma Caufield flooded my visual cortext, and I swooned.

6. Admiral_Young

Nova #4 was good...this series has impressed me quite a bit. As I mentioned a few pages ago, the Chitauri did make their 616 debut. Look like their movie design. They are in league with an alien Tiger that used to be a Nova Corp member with Sam's father. They uncovered an Ultimate Nulifer which Sam has now and put in the trash thinking no one would find it lol.

Agreed regarding FF. This book continues to be fun.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I don't know, IMO, Age of Ultron has finally gotten interesting. It's just epically sad that it took 8 out of 10 issues to finally get there.

FF has finally sold me. This last issue was just wonderful.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why is Sue acting like a Doormat?

The only possible explanation for her submissive (1960's housefrau) personality is PTSD from after watching EVERYONE die.

She has no spunk.

"I just want to see my children"

You frakking idiot!

You killed your children when you upset the timeline and they became never born.

(Wow, that grammar really sucked.)

If anyone was going to kill anyone in Hank Pym's lab, it was Sue who should have killed Wolverine.

Which is exactly what they have to do next week.

Stop Wolverine from killing Pym, and then plant that Virus Stark was talking about, then shadow/Shepard history towards it's positive conclusions and...

OH!

Why else chose Invisible Woman as a central character?

She literally invisibly regulates the flow of history.

Daredevil, Professor Xavier, Wolverine, hell even Ultron... Sue needs to seriously upgrade her invisibility if she wants to really hide in everybody's enhanced peripheries.

Of course when we get back to the present and Ultron fails, just unbundles seconds before his master stroke... There will be three Susan Richards, and two will be older more powerful and crankier than the temporally indigenous Invisible Woman.

Maybe Namor will finally get Lucky?

Why the hell did Jim and Sue even skip over ten years of history into a most likely foreign present anyway? Surely a second Wolverine and another Sue Storm would have compensated for removing Giant man, Jocasta and the Vision, and that kid robot from the Runaways from the timeline, if they weren't completely dipshit ignorant about what Hank brought to the party?

If I was Reed Richards I would have contingencies a plenty incuding a... Of course any how to guide packed into an AI program woven into Sue's costume (or posthypnotic programming?) about the gamut of Earths history that fell into the wrong hands would spell certain doom for...

Fuck you Biff Tannen!

9. Turtletrekker

10. Turtletrekker

As much as I hate Cosmic Book News, every once in a while, they get something good.

Here is an interview with Peter David about the end of X-Factor.

A few interesting tidbits...

I would happily read a company-wide crossover event helmed by PAD. It's a shame that it couldn't be worked out.

11. Turtletrekker

12. Admiral_Young

Next week's pulls for me:

-Avengers #12
    -Daredevil #26
    -Deadpool #10
    -Scarlet Spider #17
    -Superior Spider-Man #10

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So Fearless Defenders #4 is an Age of Ultron tie-in, boooo.

14. Turtletrekker

Haven't the AU issues been outside of a books normal run? Like "extra" issues?

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know, I've skipped in totality anything AU related.

I'm over the idea that the big 2 seemingly force an "event" down out throats every year. There is complacency out there that just accepts it. I did for awhile as well I suppose...I stopped some years back.

16. Admiral_Young

The Age of Ultron tie-ins all have the AU tag beside the issue number. The regular 616 books are still the same, but the AU "lettering" separates them. I've been skipping them except for Superior Spider-Man which was written by Christos Gage and really good.

17. Turtletrekker

Right. I skipped the Fantastic Four AU issue and didn't even miss a beat in the main narrative of the book. You should easily be able to read Fearless Defenders 4, skip 4AU entirely, and go into 5 without missing anything. However, the LeFay connection between the AU and the main FD storyline is interesting enough that I may give it a look.

18. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Having looked at the preview am I the only one who thinks its ironic that the issue is said to be a good jumping on point only to have a comment made by a character with a little box underneath that says go read issue such and such to understand what the hell they are talking about?

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Caught up on All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Savage Wolverine, Cable & X-Force, and Uncanny X-Force. I like them in that order. What i would give to have X-Treme X-Men, Cable v3, and Whedon's Astonishing X-Men back, though...

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

They're trying to avoid getting cancelled by issue 12.