Zefram Cochrane?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by los2188, Dec 12, 2012.

1. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

Who is Cumberbatch playing, who, who, who....?? I've heard names like...Khan...Mitchell....Garth...even Soran, but one name I don't recall hearing is Zefram Cochrane. We know that he's old, but was rejuvenated and kept young by the Companion and eventually integrated with the Companion. From what I recall from the TOS episode, Kirk swore that he would never reveal Cochrane's fate to anyone. Could it be possible that Kirk broke that promise? Or maybe Cochrane saw what his invention has done and maybe he felt slighted in some way? I admit that I've only seen that episode a couple times a very long time ago, but I just thought that I'd pose the question.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

We've heard Cochrane's name suggested. Several times, now, going back months. Search it for yourself.

And the name of Cumberbatch's character is known. It's not Zefram Cochrane.

3. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Kirk wouldn't have even met Cochrane yet, at this point in time.

That makes no sense. The guy is pretty much worshipped as a saint, and was the first human being to meet an extra-terrestrial in an official capacity. What on earth could he possibly have to be slighted about?

4. los2188

los2188 Commander Red Shirt

No. I don't need to search it myself. I have no reason to doubt you that it's been suggested before, but thank you for the offer. As far as his name is concerned, I didn't think that his actual character was known yet outside of just the name John Harrison.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Star Trek Ongoing comic has been telling reimagined versions of TOS episodes that originally took place in 2266/67 in 2258/59. The also changed Chekov's age in the last movie to fit him on the bridge crew - so they're definitely playing fast and loose with the timing of events.

6. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*withdrawn*

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012