The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

That shot is amazing. I can't wait for that fight.

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Bruce doesn't know how to fight. In each trailer, he swings down, which is just so odd to me.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Actually I've seen quite a bit of that in films. Seems to be a current schtick.

5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

oh this review of the prologue is damn funny.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxVBCbVvsk[/yt]

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I remember how after The Dark Knight many of us were saying, "How can the Joker be beaten in terms of villains?" I gotta say, I think Bane can do it because he's so different that it's by no means repeating the Joker's arc and fuck if he isn't terrifying.

7. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

In the last movie the Joker never presented a physical threat to Batman. Sure the Joker presented chaos and destruction to Gotham but he never acted as if he was out to get Batman. However, in this movie Bane seems hell bent on destroying and killing Batman himself.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Betrayed by Catwoman and now Bane has locked himself in a sewer with Batman. Bane then proceeds to call out "Mr. Wayne"

Hopefully it will be a memorable fight.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

IDK... if Batman had been slower getting Dent out he might have got blowed up real good...

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Guess who's not fighting midnight crowds to see TDKR?

I just got the email from Citrix that their next demo + movie event is going to be TDKR on the afternoon of July 19.
    Demo from 12:30-2ish, then movie to start and event end at 5:30.
    What a lucky break, plus I can count it as "work". It's a win/win!!
    Our boss let us do the Tron2 one and is cool with this one as well.
    Just got back my confirmation email!!

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Then instead of engaging in fisticuffs, why not put a bullet in Batman's skull? At least from the trailers, it appears he has Batman/Wayne dead to rights at least once. If simply killing him was the goal, it shouldn't be that hard.

They avoided this problem with the Joker, because the Joker didn't want to kill Batman at all--the goal was to discredit him instead.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Batman's death might be part of Bane's ultimate plan, but one of the trailers has already shown Bane telling Batman why he simply doesn't kill him - "Your punishment must be more severe."

13. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

OK I have changed my mind a bit. :) From the trailers I felt Bane wants to physically disable him and harm him in that manner, not necessarily kill him. I think Bane wants him to suffer physically and be helpless to stop him.

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Not to mention the "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die" line.

15. Robert Maxwell

Typical villain stupidity. Kill the hero immediately, you idiot! That way, he can't come back to stop you later, after you've weakened him, humiliated him, and left him to die. It's like supervillains have never read any comic books themselves. :lol:

16. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

it's not stupidity, it's the desire of winning in a very specific way, by breaking an opponent, not just killing him quickly. Haven't you ever tried winning a video game in a more challenging way, rather than just "winning" in an easier but less satisfying way?

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well if it helps Adrian Veidt aka Ozymandias from Watchmen has apparently read comics books much to the misfortune of everyone killed when his master plan went off.

18. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Part of me thinks Catwoman doesn't know Batman is Bruce Wayne until Bane outs him with that line right in front of her, thus causing her to have a change of heart. There's also a shot of her looking very disturbed behind the fence in the new trailer.

Then again, with that mask Bane wears, I have no idea if that's what he says at that moment or just some creative editing.

19. Robert Maxwell

Sure, but those are video games. However, if I've got a lot invested and there's a chance I might lose, I never "play with my food" just to make it more interesting. I eliminate the threat immediately.

Ozy's a good example of how you pull off a villainous master plan correctly. Don't explain it to the heroes until there's not a damn thing they can do about it, and don't needlessly toy with them--just keep them out of the way while you do what needs doing.

20. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe her mother lives in Hackensack.