SFX Sexiest Characters in SciFi and Fantasy

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DevilEyes, Feb 21, 2012.

1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ha, you really haven't been keeping up with online fandoms nowadays :D

I was pretty much resigned to either Damon or Dean Winchester winning this one. Virtually every online poll lately has been won by Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries. Which is pretty frustrating since I don't watch Supernatural and I find The Vampire Diaries meh. But there's no beating those fandoms. Damon from TVD won this year's SFX Greatest Vampires poll (with TVD characters dominating the top 10), Supernatural won every category it was nominated in in the recent zap2zit Most Crushworthy Characters polls, and Supernatural is now up against Buffy in the finale E!Online Ultimate Fan Battle. Buffy has proved to have remarkable staying power since it still sneaks in and competes with the super-popular current fandoms.

Fixed. ;)

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen the craaaazy TVD vs Supernatural stuff on eonline, but I thought it was just because eonline is an all-girl's club over there. I guess it's expanding to take over all of online fandom. TrekBBS may be the last holdout? Anyway I'm more a Stelena advocate so I'm afraid even to show my face in that place. When Damon and Elena finally have sex, we'll all know it because the Delena hordes will break the internet that day.

And I like your fix. :bolian:

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I've seen some of craziness on a group on facebook, as I saw the results this morning. Only looked at the top 30, but cracked up at number 5. Reading the whole list now. I was kinder lazy to vote.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, I should have figured as much . . . .

5. DevilEyes

I was thinking, how is that there are all those Doctors on the list but no Ninth? Is Tom Baker really considered sexier than Christopher Eccleston? But then I remembered that SFX forgot to nominate him...

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Seriously? :wtf: Wow.

Anyway, that was a lot of fun, even if once I got to the top 10 I was pretty much going "Who? Who? Who?" for 3/4 of them. 8, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, and 1 all had at least one person I didn't know. I wasn't expecting the number 1 in the women but I think it's a great choice.

Some of the pairings definitely made me laugh or I thought they were appropriate...

Dax and the Doctor? Sure! And I was actually thinking the same thing as SFX before reading their comment.

Aeryn and Wolverine, yep I could see it, and for more than just the "I can shoot you and you'll come back" reason.

Faith and Jack Harkness would be fun.

I died at Mal and River... brilliant!

And of course... Buffy/Spike. :guffaw: Even if you do prefer Angel to Spike (and I basically do), you can't help but love that!

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No Julie Newmar Catwoman = fail

8. DevilEyes

A lot of their comments were great, but a few of them sounded like they haven't seen the shows in question for a long time and forgot a few things...

Obviously, the bit about Spock's blue blood :vulcan: but also the comment that Vampire Willow wouldn't hook up with Carson Beckett because she prefers women (Vampire Xander disagrees), or that Cordelia is frustrated because Angel is hung up on Buffy?! Maybe if you only saw BtVS. On AtS he sure didn't seem to think much about Buffy while Cordelia was around and not in coma/dead. It would've made a little bit more sense if they said Darla instead of Buffy, since Cordelia was frustrated with his obsession with Darla in season 2, even though that was before Cordy and Angel started getting romantic with each other. But season 3-4 it was all 'Angel loves Cordy'. (And I'm not a big fan of that pairing... But it's just the way the story went.)