The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see your pictures. :confused:

Hopefully mine works. Yeesh. Every day these things take longer and longer to make. It's worth it, though.
    [​IMG]

Fun fact: The Han Solo furthest to the right was the first Star Wars figure I ever owned, and I think is the earliest of my toys that I still do own.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's weird. I can see it fine.

That's a lot of Solos! :lol:

I just saw this video about crap Chinese Avengers action figure rip-offs- it's 15 minutes long, but it's hilarious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOdtozihx_Y

3. OdoWanKenobi

Well fine. I guess I'll just have to wait to enjoy them until my internet stops being stupid.

That's not even all of my Solos. Some didn't make the cut.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I know the feeling. If you saw how many different Han Solo action figures I have you'd double or triple take. There's a new one coming out in the second wave of the Mission Series 2-packs that actually doesn't have all that bad a likeness (though it's a little more 1985 John Fogerty than 1977 Harrison Ford) and comes with a Chewbacca somewhat reminiscent of the original Kenner figure from the late seventies.

Two classic OT heroes for $9.99 isn't a bad deal, though you do have to put up with minimal articulation and not as many fine paint apps and details as you get on premium collector-focused fare. Looks pretty much like A New Hope Han, though....certainly a whole lot more than the earliest of the Modern Era figures starting in 1995. You might wanna pick him up just for the cheap price and the classic Han Solo factor alone.

5. Kira's Mom

Okay, now I can't see one of my pics. :confused:

6. cooleddie74

I see both of the Loki sleigh ride pictures. Which one are you not seeing right now?

7. cooleddie74

The upcoming Obi-Wan and Darth Maul Mission Series two-pack based on the recent The Clone Wars Maul story arc. I'm not the biggest fan of the face and head on the Maul and the black and crimson paint apps bleed together a little too much, but there are some redeeming qualities in both of these figures considering they're budget sculpts with just five joints each. The Obi-Wan would look pretty fantastic if they'd bother to add more texture and screen-accurate paint apps to his face and hair, but as-is he's not that all bad for a $5 Jedi action figure in this day and age. You get what you pay for, and at least $5 Star Wars action figures look a lot better than most other $5 action figures.

There's already talk on the websites that this will be a pretty popular set no matter what you think of the paint apps and articulation because Clone Wars fans and collectors will be craving new figures to add to their stash in the wake of the series' cancellation and Hasbro's abrupt abandonment of the separate TCW action figure and vehicle lines.

[​IMG]

8. Kira's Mom

The second one.

9. cooleddie74

Has it cleared up? I'm seeing both. The second one has Loki's head being nuzzled or chewed upon by the sleigh horse.

10. Kira's Mom

I see it now. Must have been a computer burp.

Meanwhile...my Effie Barbie arrived yesterday!
    [​IMG]

11. cooleddie74

Mission Series Han Solo and Chewbacca (upcoming Wave 2 assortment):

[​IMG]

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I swear Obi-Wan looks like Chuck Norris with that head sculpt. Not liking that at all, the Darth Maul isn't too bad. Han looks a bit off as well, Chewie looks great though!

13. cooleddie74

I think Han looks like John Fogerty in the '80s and '90s.

That's no Bad Moon Rising. That's a space station.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Sorry guys. No 12 days today. I've been out all evening and just didn't have time to set it up today. Getting up into the higher numbers, it can take over an hour to do. It'll be back tomorrow, I promise.

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

picked up Orion Pax today

[​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

A Hasbro specimen of what the new Padmé Amidala in the Black Series would have looked like had the original 2013 Legacy Collection / Droid Factory retail line not been cancelled and the 3.75" figure lines so hastily reorganized.

[​IMG]

And yes, she does have little brown or black numbers printed on her forehead. Early production copies prior to retail and prototypes are often marked like this, and many early display figures at toy fairs and comic-cons have these numbers printed on their bodies to denote their status as internal, non-retail copies of the characters owned and controlled by the company.

At least that's the most logical, sensible explanation. They're obviously internal Hasbro numbers of some sort used to mark their prototypes and first factory copies.

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda want that derpy

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Was able to get two of the battle-damaged Hot Wheels' U.S.S. Enterprise from my local Walgreens for sixty-nine cents each!

19. cooleddie74

They showed up at Walgreens of all places?

Thanks a lot, big box and major retailers. Glad you could score them! I myself have yet to see one lone Hot Wheels Enterprise anywhere except online.

20. OdoWanKenobi

Ok, sorry for the delay. Blame Ron Burgundy.

[​IMG]