Do you like the idea of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Do you like the concept of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor?

1. Yes :)

85.1%
  2. No :(

3.0%
  3. Neutral So Far :|

11.9%
  1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^Okay, I'm in.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably not, as timelords can sense each other.
    Probably, that's pretty much the theory I'm going with. Although really, I just imagine that the doctor randomly thinks about his time in Pompeii, and that dude from FOP happens to be on his mind for some reason, and Bobs you're uncle. Same with the 5th doctor regenerating into the sixth.

3. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

I thought The Fifth Doctor was thinking about Adric's floating head and Ainley's pantomime villain chuckle as he snuffed the candle.

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really don't know. Confession, I've never actually seen the Caves of Androzani, and just seen the regeneration on its own a few times, but I can't recall it well enough.

Maybe in-between that cloud of people he was thinking about was Maxel. Maybe it was just a random lottery.

5. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The fifth Doctor's regeneration was a rather desperate attempt to save his life and in the end to defy the Master's taunt, I don't think there was any attempt made to copy Maxil's body. And the faces were only those of the fifth Doctor's companons and in the end the Master, with the companons imploring him to live and the Master telling him to die.

6. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

In any case, I hope we get a special minisode similar to the Children in Need 2005 one where we can at least have a couple of minutes with the 12th Doctor post-regeneration. I don't want to wait 4 more months after Christmas to see Capaldi's doctor and how he'll act in the role.

7. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I suspect it'll be closer to 8 months before we see the 12th Doctor in action and the Children In Need specials are generally aired in Nov. before the Christmas special.

8. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I know, but I hope they at least release something online like "Pond Life" or the little episode prequels. A 2-3 minute scene to whet our appetites won't do any harm.

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

There are only so many body types in the universe, eventually it's likely the Doctor will end up with one that looks suspiciously like someone elses...

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Romana proved that Timelords can program their regeneration if they're not in a rush...

Maybe there's a limited amount of emergency default regenerations if you are in a rush?

Considering that they can age backwards as easily as forwards, according to River in let's kill Hitler, it's possible that one "body" can last for millions of years... But then cell fatigue might be independent of outward appearance that if you keep the appearance of a 32 year old for 10,000 years, your body is going to get bored... Wait! DS9 In The Cards, the crazy scientist experimenting with immortality by keeping cells excited, that's the police Lieutenant in Continuum... Fuck me, he lost some weight.

11. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Like this? Lol[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

12. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lol. Yeah Cribbins not included in the mini rant.

I had the same discussion with a friend about how he would possibly approach the role. We oddly both said a mixture of Tom and Jon but just a little, not ott homage.

He has the almost ruggedly elegant look of Pertwee too.

And yeah, a suit would just make Tucker fans expect "Suck my four sweaty timelord balls you fat fuck." Or "Exterminate me with your egg fucking whisk you tin can c*nt."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Bit late to this (been on hoilday) but I think its a very bold and exciting choice. I love him on "Thick of It" and I do wonder how he will take on Who + I wonder if Moffat faced any pressure from BBC to cast young again or was he given free reign.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Are we sure Peter Capaldi isn't just Eric Idle having a go? ;)

15. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

And if it actually was him, would any of us actually mind? ;)

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I would. I doubt I would watch Eric Idle in Doctor Who. He is my least favorite Python -- and I will leave it at that because I'm being polite. :)

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Fair enough. I've always loved Eric Idle (although he's not my favorite or even my second favorite Python) but I guess he's not everyone.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He created the Rutles. That's good enough for me.

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The cover for the next Doctor Who Magazine is out. That's not likely to be his costume, but he certainly has an interesting look.

Co-created, with Neil Innes. Idle had the idea, Innes wrote the music and made it work.

20. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

He wrote the Nudge Nudge sketch. That's good enough for me.