How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Sophronisba

Sophronisba Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

2. CmdrAJD

CmdrAJD Commodore Commodore

I thought it was a lot of fun. Not every episode has to be full of sweet character moments (although, I enjoy those as well). This was really over-the-top, and I laughed many many times. The "tree-way" line was perfect.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The IMDB boards are legible?

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

OK, that episode was stupid as hell but it was pretty funny. It made me laugh. It was nice to see something a little different to break up the monotony of this season so far.

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Pretty much it.. it was a nice standalone episode and i loved the digs at all the cheap Kung Fu movies.

I also laughed quite a bit when everybody else always backed up Marshall with his insane, Barney level stories :lol:

Slap Bet is one of my all time favorite episode though many slaps didn't live up to the running gag. The best one is Marshall knocking the shit out of Barney when he performed his ludicrous play to get back at Lily.. the slap came out of nowhere which made it so funny.

I just hope the final slap will become truly legendary (and no.. i will not wait for it).;):p

6. Sophronisba

Sophronisba Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I liked "Cleveland is the city equivalent of a slap in the face."

It was kind of a silly episode, but I laughed a lot. My kids thought the kung-fu stuff was hysterical.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That's the thing, I think this was the weakest of the slap episodes. Of course it didn't help that I didn't remember the reason for the slap from the previous year and they never mentioned it here :lol:

8. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I happened upon this show by accident while checking on an old lady in bad health that lived next door at the time. I'm not up to date on it, but it's become a favorite. Funny despite seeing the punchline a mile away.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I've always loved when they do wacky, silly stuff like this (and it was a nice break from the dull and neverending marriage storyline). I'm always surprised when other HIMYM fans don't seem to care for them.

And I'm also surprised at the racism charge now being leveled at the ep:
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/15/how-i-met-your-mother-racism-response/

It looked to me like they were only making fun of bad kung fu movies. There were no bad asian accents or slanted eye makeup that I could see. Not sure what the issue is.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^So did I. I'm the most PC person around, but I saw it as just making fun of kung-fu movies and nothing more.

Is that the national past-time these days, being offended by everything?

11. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

I thought it was really funny, in all its absurdness.

12. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was weird, but I really liked it; not everything has to advance the main story line. The slap montage at the end was great.

13. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

There are people out there who apparently live to get offended and raise some trouble (mainly to get into the spotlight according to my opinion).

Chances are they didn't even get that they were making fun of/paying hommage to bad Kung Fu movies because they haven't seen any. But then again they may ignore it and decide to get offended just for the heck of it.

Sadly the producers didn't stand their ground and tell them to get offended somewhere else.

14. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not even close to PC. I don't really care if you make fun of me in good spirit assuming I can return the favor.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yet another excellent episode. I loved Truth Serum Barney. The voice, the expression... classic.

And two MAJOR revelations:

We find out what Barney does. We find out the names of Ted's kids.

I really wish we'd gotten an entire episode of this Barney long con sting thing though. Maybe they'll touch on it later? I want to see him going to the Feds all over confident and bragging.

And I'm really glad Marshall brought up Lily leaving him and moving to San Fran. I was thinking that the entire time they were fighting!

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The big question... What does Barney do? That's the very thing I wanted to know when they started asking questions. Glad they got to it. I was impressed with the answer.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I wasn't sure because it happened so quickly, but is Ted's daughters name Penny? I was also listening intently because I was wondering if they'd sneak in the Mother's name as well. No luck though, yet.

One thing I've always loved about the show is how they can change gears and get really dramatic too. As much as I've enjoyed this season so far, I think Marshal calling Lily out on leaving him and going to San Francisco was probably the best "dramatic" moment so far this season. We know Lily won't be gone too long because I don't believe she's going to miss the Wedding, but we'll see.

And I just looked it up, it appears next weeks episode is "How Your Mother Met Me." Could we finally learn her name!? Also I hope this is the episode where (I realize it is a rumor) the Mother is added into all of the "almost meetings" throughout the show.

18. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Penny and Luke were the kids names.

Best episode this season so far!

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Luke, as in Luke Skywalker. ;)

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have we missed out on 8 and a 1/2 years of Barney being Jabba Drunk?

####.