Who would you want to play the captain in Trek series 6

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by jefferiestubes8, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Vurok

Vurok Lieutenant Red Shirt

It depends on the premise of the show and the nature and character of the Captain though, some actors/actresses would be better suited to a particular role.

2. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

James Masters would be good i think.

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Stargate got damn good in its later Showtime years. That was a science fiction series I'd trade the entire lifetimes of other science fiction shows to see just one or two more seasons of, and it lasted ten years. But that's because it found a second life on Sci-Fi and pulled strong ratings there until Richard Dean Anderson departed from the cast. Had he stuck around, the series might have gone on until a twelfth or thirteen year. Just incredible for a scripted genre show.

Speaking of Showtime, I'll echo Temis' thoughts again and say that would be the best place for Trek in the foreseeable future. It's either that or CW, and while I have a hunch CW would be interested, I have an equal or greater hunch I wouldn't be.

Vurok types the truth regarding what the show is going for having an impact on the proper choice for captaincy. I would bring to the table the following suggestions:

For a fun, exciting, in-your-face, episodic kind of series in the spirit of the new film:
    Joe Flanigan;
    Mark Sheppard;
    Nathan Fillion;
    Adam Baldwin;
    Tom Hanks;
    Robin Williams;

For a darker, more serialized take on the franchise, a la DS9:
    Torri Higginson;
    James Marsters;
    Gillian Anderson;
    David Boreaneaz;
    Christopher Judge;
    Michelle Forbes;
    Tom Hanks;
    Robin Williams;

For a particularly philosophical journey rife with metaphor, a la TOS and TNG:
    Michael Shanks;
    Claudia Black;
    Ian McKellan;
    Leonardo DiCaprio;
    Tom Hanks;
    Robin Williams

4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jensen Ackles

5. Quinton O'Connor

He's a little young or I would have listed him as well. I would like to see him on the show regardless. Very talented man.

6. Jack Bauer

He's actually 32...not too young considering that Kirk was 34 years old as of "The Deadly Years".

7. Quinton O'Connor

Hm, good point. Not to mention, by the time another show got off the ground, he'd be at least 37!

8. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

OH OH!!!! *Raises Hand*

I KNOW!!!!!

Wil Wheaton as Captain Wesley Crusher
    [​IMG]

^ The original Wesley Crusher was abducted by the Dominion before the war broke out, was one of the original replaced with a Changling and the Traveler eventually discovered the Wesley that went with him wasn't real, which explained why his attitude changed so suddenly, so he went back to save the real Wesley in a Dominion POW compound where he was forced to battle Jem'Hadar, so he comes back to Starfleet with a different, more seasoned attitude, where he finished his training as a cadet early due to his experience with the Dominion giving him an advantage and quickly moves up the ranks to captain his own ship.

He's harder, takes no guff and no longer has the patience to kiss brass-ass.... he does the job that needs to be done, but every so often won't be shy in using his brain powers to his ships' benefit.

Top that everybody ;)

9. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Woah...better get a poncho ready. I smell the scent of rotten tomatoes in the evening....:shifty:

10. Praxius

he he :lol:

But hey.... with a little work, the concept could work.... just give Wes an eye patch.

Sure in the future they could give him an eye like LaForge, but he could just say it gives him character.

Or give him the artificial eye with a scar so they don't drum him out of Starfleet due to not having depth perception and he can say the scar was for character/memories of his combat against the Jem'n'tha'Holograms.

11. Rush Limborg

You do love your Tom Hanks and Robin Williams! :)

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another name to toss into the ring:

Charlotte Rampling (just saw Swimming Pool. She struck me as captain material right off).

13. Jack Bauer

David Caruso "Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

14. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

amen to that. he doesnt need any phasers. he can stare someone to death. :techman:

"Lieutenant, open a channel to the alien vessel."
    "Channel open, captain."
    BOOOM!

15. Praxius

"Captain, the entire colony has been wiped off the surface of the planet. This looks like the work of the Borg sir."

*bends down closer to the ground, takes sunglasses off, tilts head slightly and squints*

"No..... what we have here....." *stands back up, puts sunglasses back on and places his hands on his hip* "..... is a Merrrrr'deerrrrr."

*Theme song begins with standard Who Scream* YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

16. Rush Limborg

How 'bout Gary Sinease?

Nothing like Lieutenant Dan to rise up and save the day!

(The Who's "Baba O'Reilly, or, the CSI: NY theme" plays)

17. illeanacross

illeanacross Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Gonna jump right in...

Dennis Haysbert is the epitome of a Captain, for me. When I was obsessed with BSG, I photoshopped him as an Admiral for a small tv movie script I was working on...

[​IMG]

He bellows authority! As does Angela Bassett and if they ever reboot Voyager, she'd be my first pick.

Anyone thought of Olivia Williams? If you've ever seen her in 'Dollhouse,' you'll know she can be commanding, ruthless, and completely vulnerable all in one scene.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rommie: That make me crack up!

Haysbert seems much more the Star Trek type than BSG.

19. illeanacross

illeanacross Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I agree. At the time I was looking for someone who could be commanding but was ultimately different than Adama. But yeah, he would fit perfectly within the Star Trek universe somewhere.

I'd love to see Famke Janssen in the Captain's chair, or at least as an XO. Her performance in Nip/Tuck was killer.

20. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

I'd like to see Catherine Bell in the role. I really liked David Mack's "casting" of her as Khatami.

I think Lena Headey could carry the role well.

Anyone else think Kurt Russel could pull it off? He doesn't seem that busy lately.

Then again... ::fastens up his bunker gear:: ... I'd love to see them do a female captain well this time.