What aliens should they have met in season 5?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by t_smitts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Doctor Who cats look awesome.

2. Fastwalker

Fastwalker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

How about something unique and new? Not just the usual Seen-Before-Alien-of-the-Week episode.

3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We had this discussion earlier in the thread. It makes more sense to encounter more aliens we've heard of.

In any case, "Enterprise" did encounter plenty of new aliens. Besides the Suliban and Xindi, there were the ones in "Unexpected", "Dawn", "Dear Doctor", "Cogenitor", "Rogue Planet", "Detained", "The Breach", "Civilization", "The Communicator", "Vox Sola", "Canamar", "Exile", "Chosen Realm", "Extinction", and probably a few I missed.

4. teacake

I think developing races we only saw briefly in previous series is a huge plus for viewers. It was a backbone of DS9 and it is what elevated ENT in a lot of people's eyes. I love ENT regardless, but I know for a lot of viewers the Andorian development what kept them watching.

5. t_smitts

I agree,though I'm sure Jeffrey Combs had a large part of that. Still, it was indeed fun to expand on these races that we'd seen so little of. There really hadn't ever been an episode focusing on the Andorians on any other series, even TOS (remember the only notable Andorian character turned out not to be an Andorian at all!)

It was neat to see a modern-day interpretation of Tellarites, Tholians, and a Gorn as well, not to mention referencing aliens not heard about for years, like the Bynars.

6. teacake

Yes and there are still many other races we could learn more of. The Xindi were a very interesting new race that I'd happily see more developed as were the Denobulans. It kills me they were going to go to Denobula in season 5 :( That's what I would have wanted, more about the Xindi, perhaps a mystery arc about what happened to the Avians! And Denobulans. Their marriages and history give us a great setting to explore, plus I want to see that district Phlox warned Archer against :lol:

7. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

8. teacake

Oh enough of him already.

9. t_smitts

I actually would've liked it if the Avians, rather than the Sphere-Builders, were manipulating the other Xindi out of revenge for decimating their species.

(Speaking of which, it never made sense that the Avians could build a base on another planet millenia ago, yet NONE survived the destruction of their homeworld).

10. teacake

It was bird flu that got them in the end.