7X11 The Crimson Horror(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, May 4, 2013.

?

Grsde "The Crimson Horror"

Poll closed Jun 13, 2013.
  1. Geronimo!

52 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. Good

40 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. Average

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Bad

8 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. …You just cannot see it

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Quite a good episode. After last weeks filler episode, it was a nice change.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I voted good. Solid entertaining episode. Started off almost as a Doctor-lite episode but we got plenty of Matt doing his thing and Jenna-Louise being lovely. Strax and co are always good value for money too.

Did anyone else take Jenny's black leather scene to be a nod to Diana Rigg's Emma Peel days?

3. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Rancid, repellent television. A failure in every measurable way and no one involved should ever work again.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Yes, very much an Emma Peel look, I'd say. The Tegan references were great as well. Next week, well, we'll see how the Scooby Gang works out for the Doctor and Clara. I do wonder if the last picture the kids showed Clara will bring back any memories?

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

YUCK YUCK YUCK! As I remember, I didn't like Blink much, I hate Doctor less episodes, Gridlock was average if that, SITL was quite good, Midnight was suprisingly good, but average, and waters of mars was a gooden. The girl who waited? THE GIRL WHO WAITED????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????????/ That's in y top ten worst episodes of all time. Awfull soppy episode. Obe of the episodes which made me hate the Ponds even more.

No sorry, but you have one of the worst dr. who taste ever. Alot of people agree with me and think RTD is such a good writer and complicated stuff issn't the right way to go. You know one day whether it be many years or not, I will be getting my way again, so yeah.......

Tell me are you American by any chance? It seems that the Yankees have different taste to the Brits (I'm British BTW).

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

in that case here's what you should do from now on:

1. don't watch.

because this would have the bonus knock on effect of:

2. you not commenting on anything.

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok, here's mine (yay, I love grading things!!!! :P)

Key:
    ****** - Outstanding
    ***** - Good
    **** - Average
    *** - Ok
    ** - Bad
    * - Terrible

Asylum of the Daleks - ****
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - ***
    A Town Called Mercy - **
    The Power of Three - ****
    The Angels Take Manhattan - ******

The Snowmen - ***

The Bells of Saint John - ***
    The Rings of Akhaten - *
    The Cold War - *****
    Hide - **
    Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS - **
    The Crimson Horror - **

8. Ghost Bones

Please don't address me ever again, unless I quote you first.

9. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Then dont post here.

You do nothing but spew hate for the show, and are generally negative 100% of the time. Its offensive and tired.

Oh, and its a PUBLIC board. Get used to being called on your crap.

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Bones hated it, which means its now my favorite story of the season. :)

But really, I gave this one top marks. And a Gatiss story too. Never thought I'd see the day.

But really, this is probably his best series story yet. Almost makes up for VotD.

11. Gov Kodos

A Dalek asking if you'd like some tea still makes me giggle, though.

12. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

You say this on a thread about an episode that revels on negative happenings. It's entertainment.

He did say please, for that matter.

13. Ghost Bones

Aside from the inaccuracy of the statement (and I don't just mean it being questionable whether something can be generally adjective, which implies there are occasionally deviations, for 100% of the time), perhaps if you find someone disagreeing with you offensive then you should be the one wary of posting on a public (or, if you prefer, PUBLIC) board. If you think my posts are crap, why not ignore them?

14. Gov Kodos

I'm curious about the name 'Firebird' on the Russian sub photo. That could be the name of the sub, but I wonder if it could also refer to Clara as sort of a phoenix. Reborn from the ashes of her death, so to speak.

15. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why?

16. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly.
    Bones, it would have been helpful if you'd said why you thought it was so unacceptably awful.
    I enjoyed it in a "That's one I'll forget about, and then wonder why I've never rewatched it when I do finally remember it" sort of way, but I could understand someone slating it as "That only existed as a way of filling 45 minutes of airtime while giving the leads a bit of time off and trying to launch a spin-off series that probably won't happen."
    But rancid TV, no-one involved should ever work again? Even the most god-awful sci-Fi - Threshold (the Voyager episode), the early bit of the Sci-Fi Flash Gordon - is still better than the Jeremy Kyle show. And even people on the Kyle show should be given the chance to go on to make proper documentaries.
    Explain! Otherwise it's just random slagging.

17. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Didn't pick up the appearance of Dame Diana Rigg until the credits and the actress who played Ada is her daughter.

First mother/daughter appearance for a Doctor Who serial?

18. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Loved it. Didn't think I would, but like "Hide" it delivers on what I want from Doctor Who. I liked the Victorian setting, it advanced the storyline, there were some nice moments between Doctor and Clara and the parasite was suitably gross.

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Urgh, the kids at the end... If their goal was to completely diffuse any enthusiasm I had for a NEIL GAIMAN CYBERMAN EPISODE they certainly succeeded. Who likes kids in stuff? Not even kids like kids in stuff.

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Didn't he say "I'm the Doctor, you're mad, and I'm going to stop you" or something like that?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q[/yt]