General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

^ That's probably been done to write Triple H off TV and to also give some ammo for a possible rematch. All I know is, after last night's lukewarm effort, I'd rather watch John Cena vs. Randy Orton in a trope filled back-and-forth, than Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar II.

I'm still wondering where the hell it went wrong? They had a decent build, people were solidly into the idea of the match and we all know that they are both outstanding performers - yet they managed to screw it up!!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still sticking with ring rust on both their parts as the explanation. To me, it's the only one that makes any sense. The build up as we know was there...but once again a lack of execution when it comes down to the match.

3. Mr Silver

^ You are way too kind to both of them!

Honestly, the match would have been better if they made it a street fight, had Triple H work more aggressively and Lesnar incorporate more MMA offence. And the match was missing blood and Paul Heyman getting punched out by Triple H.

4. Admiral_Young

LOL. I'm being generous indeed...but mostly because I'm tired of being pissed off at the product all the time, as you guys know by now with me. I guess this just going to be the norm.

Chloe Kardashian Odom is the "Social Media Ambassador" for tonight's Raw. Oh dear Rao...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Bearing that in mind, I'm actually glad I'm missing RAW this week.

6. Mr Silver

Who?

(In all seriousness, I do know who the Kardashian family is, but I think it's ridiculous that their claim to fame began as a result of Robert Kardashian being the guy who defended OJ Simpson.)

7. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

^Don't forget about Bruce Jenner attempting to stay relevant.

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Admiral M there will be no blood, just let it go.

9. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I was going to reply with the exact same thing. It's one thing to have has-beens and B-listers appear on the show, it's a whole other to feature people who never were.

Does this mean Charlie Sheen's rumored angle with Daniel Bryan is history? One can hope.

10. Admiral_Young

Just goes to show how desperate WWE is to promote their social media outlets by having her involved.

Trips/Lesnar didn't need blood...it needed heart and emotion and it lacked both of these things. Another disappointment. I guess we can now say that Jericho has face turned? Or pseudo turning like Punk seems to be in the process of a heel turn? It's hard to tell these days. Also was glad to see Miz retain the IC title. Looks like he's back on track and possibly learned his lesson. Santino dropped the US title to Caesar on the youtube match. Was a little surprised to see that, Morella had a nice run with it though.

11. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

That's funny, he didn't walk like his arm was broken. He even stopped to shake a child's hand.

12. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Never thought I'd see the day when the quality of WWE's product would make me yearn for WCW's 1999-March 2001 era.

13. Mr Silver

Brock broke his left arm, Trips is right handed. But yeah, he didn't exactly do a sell job comparable to somebody suffering with a broken arm.

There aren't actually many left-handed people in the WWE, well not when it comes to matches anyway. I know that Miz and William Regal are both southpaws and utilise left punches and kicks - which stands out in a cool sort of way. Cena is left handed, but he punches right handed and kicks right footed.

14. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I don't understand why Punk is being pushed as a heel. After putting down that misogynistic oxygen thief he couldn't be any more of a face in my eyes.

15. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's not go that far...WCW from that era was a total mess. WWE now is just disorganized due to a lack of any real competition.

Haven't watched all of Raw yet, but I still argue Damian Sandow needs to be pushed to the moon yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwgFCcYPk3A&feature=player_embedded

I wonder if the guy at 4:30 or so is a plant or if that was legit. Sandow's reactions are priceless but it looked like he was caught off guard by that guy.

16. Ghost Bones

Who?

That, in my opinion, was the best episode of Raw for a very long time.

17. Admiral_Young

I turned it off after watching tout and Summer Slam weekend activity updates. This three hour format is going to kill WWE. Sigh.

18. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Jerry Lawler.

19. Ghost Bones

Ah, right. Yeah, I'd gladly kick him in the head all day long.

20. Mr Silver

I wonder if the real plan is to turn Punk into a "John Cena" type character who polarises the audience? WWE is certainly failing to turn the guy heel.

But then again, that's what happens when you resort to classic, stale and predictable heel-turn booking. Speaking of predictable and stale, whenever a tag-team match comes on, I go off and do something else, because the constant use of the same tired formula is rotting my brain:

- Face team in control.
    - Heel team capitalises. (Usually cuts to adverts when match is a TV match)
    - Face in peril, lots of heel team tagging in and out.
    - Face in peril builds momentum, only to get caught just as he is about to tag his partner.
    - Face gets the hot tag, partner cleans house on both members of heel team.
    - A few momentum switches between heel and face teams.
    - Either the face team takes the win or the heel team does.

Anybody who thinks that formula is still good has absolutely no right to call themselves a wrestling fan.