Basics pt 1

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by at Quark's, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

Well, it was a cross between a giant lizard and a giant worm... since worms don't have a face, normally.

2. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

I like that in the end they were getting along with the cave men (for want of a better word) and thanks to Chakotay at that.

The chief would have been upset if that woman died because he wanted to trade her for two alien goats with the other tribe.

3. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I think it would have been hilarious if they were Janeway and Paris' lizards all grown up and now space traveling carnivores with a three day reproduction process. Yikes.

4. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

^ Mash up of 'Threshold' and 'Distant Origin'? Now we're on to something.

5. Catarina

I'd watch it. You in, Teacake? You wanted a baby blizzard reprise.

6. Catarina

This just came to me. "omg your kids killed Hogan!" Sorry, I couldn't help myself

7. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

Your couch or mine?

8. Catarina

Yours. I'm betting you have a flat screen.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Flat screens have been around for 10 years, and TV's don't last much more than 20 years if you're careful.

By this point you really don't have much choice but to have a flat screen.

Do they even make CRT Televisions anymore?

10. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Actually, since there's no mechanical parts in them, TVs could last forever. I know people who's had the same TV for forty years.

11. Catarina

Guy we don't own a flat screen yet. still got the box from the 90's kicking strong. we're changing that soon. I am excited.

12. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Who needs a flat screen when you can have that nice convex feeling of the old days... Life was so much simpler when there were no flat screens or remotes...:lol:

13. Guy Gardener

Brevity is the soul of wit.

I tried being brief.

You brought this on yourself.

;)

I have a 30 year old CRT TV I got off my grandma when she got a flat screen collecting dust in the garage, and I have a 10 year old CRT TV I got off my ex when she got a flat screen gathering dust in the garage. There's at least 2 more CRT TVs in there that I am not responsible for, and 5 CRT computer monitors.

It goes without saying that this generation has it's TVs built by starving Asian children, which is why a 40 year old TV that's been looked after can make it to 50, but every thing built between 2000 and 2010 is already on borrowed time, and will soon enough catch fire and take your house with it.

Until 5 years ago my main TV was from the 70s. It was colour, don't make fun of me. :( It came into my hands half way through the 90s, after I'd given my mums boyfriend a thousand dollars for letting me stay in his house for the last year after my student loans finally came in, and in return as a thank you, he gave me an ancient groady TV older than I was because he was upgrading, but it was before flatscreens were affordable to anyone but the super rich, so he was only upgrading to a CRT TV without spiders.

So it was 2010, and I could smell a freshly lit cigarette, and heard a wet fart, which was the audial/aural sensation of my old ass television dying. It was sad, but hardly surprising. It had only been capable of generating several shades of green for the preceding 2 years while showing me the world.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  14. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

That's almost as sad as Old Yeller.

15. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

They aren't starving, they just aren't fatty Snicker-scarfers like the rest of the western world.

Not getting 20K calories a day doesn't equal starvation despite what McDonalds and competitors would have you think.

Can someone hook me up with a shovel? I been working on digging myself a hole, and I'm not far from Hell.

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It kills me that Janeway and Paris were being the perfect lizard parents letting their offspring go.

I am waiting for their human hormones to kick in. Now this might take a while, they did good by their young with their residual lizard brains, but.. Tom is now a daddy. It's going to come back, sorta.. and Janeway is now shacked up with her shaman handyman (I reference, the books). I am pretty sure he wants kids some day and you know, just having that talk in a light, lets not commit, lets just conjecture kind of way over breakfast might make her reflect. Reflect on that one time at Warp 10 camp when she REPRODUCED.

I want this saga with my whole heart.

Dear Kirsten,

17. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I have no problem admitting that this post made me snort-laugh loud enough to scare the cats.

18. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

Paternity suits will crop up all over the quadrant...

19. Guy Gardener

No money.

What's the point?

The only thing you could sue for is quality time.

Quality time with an asshole who doesn't want to be there?

#### that.

20. Catarina

ahh, this page of posts are hysterical.