Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Grading

Poll closed Nov 6, 2014.
  1. A+

24.1%
  2. A

24.1%
  3. A-

18.5%
  4. B+

14.8%
  5. B

9.3%
  6. B-

3.7%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1.9%
  9. C-

1.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1.9%
  13. E

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I amnot Herbert

I amnot Herbert Lieutenant Commander

Aha! ...we agree my friend! =)

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, I'd be in favor of said category... but if you think the body that called Crash its year's Best Picture is going to create a category apart from visual effects in which virtually every nomination will be a dragon or alien or mutated turtle, it's not condescension to observe that you're simply wrong on that count. As Gene Siskel said, "There is a point when a personal opinion shades off into an error of fact."[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I thought I was the only one that thought Crash as best of anything was a horrible joke and explains how out of touch these "award" assholes are.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Up thread someone mentioned voice overs in general, and I've always been kind of amazed they didn't have an Oscar for vocal performances. There have been plenty of animated movie with voices done by name actors who have given good performances.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I just watched the film for the first time since I saw it in theaters, and putting aside how much more I love this film (especially since I finally got to see the sign language subtitles), I have to note how much Michael Giacchino's score reminds me of Jerry Goldsmith's score for the original Planet of the Apes.