Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

I'm starting to think she's dressing up to impress/attract attention from castle.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a young mathematician killed with a 200-year-old bullet, this makes Castle's imagination roll giving out some crazy ideas about a time-travel killer.

3. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not even Quentin Tarrantino would try to pull off a Mexican standoff like that one.

Bravo. :)

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Been loving Castle so far... and like the characters, I totally bought Beckett's confession of how much she was hurt - both times, including the retraction before we the audience saw the truth.

5. Aragorn

They ended the show with the Stephen J. Cannell TV show logo and gave him a tribute. :(

6. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor Esposito! I'm ashamed of how often I laughed at his expense in this episode. :lol:

Loved the steampunk theme. They're going to run out of fandoms to delve into before too long, though. ;)

Got a little teary when they honored Cannell at the end. He seemed to really get a kick out of working on Castle.

7. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Has Castle done... furries?

I would sooooo love to see how that goes over with Becket. :)

8. Aragorn

[​IMG]

When pallbearers lose control of a casket at a funeral, the deceased and a second unknown woman tumble out of the casket. The victim turns out to be a doctor at County Hospital. Now it's up to Beckett and Castle to determine if the world of bed-hopping physicians created murderous jealousy or if the doctor's work outside of the hospital got her killed. Gina's attempt to bond with Alexis puts a strain on her relationship with Castle.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Just picked up a copy of NAKED HEAT at the library. Haven't had a chance to start rading it yet.

10. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

I enjoyed last night's show quite a bit. It was good to see Castle and Beckett really at their best, plus giving us hints at more to come, as when they were reading through the letters. Nice to see they didn't make that whole battle over the tickets drag out either.

11. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

TV Guide is running a poll to select a picture for its fan favorite cover. Castle is among the six candidates. Sorry, no write-ins.

You can vote as often as you like:

http://www.tvinsider.com/coverpoll/

12. Aragorn

[​IMG]

A dead woman leaves clues indicating that the Tripler Killer aka 3XK is back after a four year hiatus. Castle and Beckett play a deadly game of wits with the killer to prevent more killings.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hooray, we get to see Alexis's forehead and eyebrows again! I've never missed a forehead so much. We got the bangs back later, but at least they were somewhat backswept and parted instead of straight down and shadowing her eyes. It's movement in the right direction.

And Castle's right -- someone needs to tell Ashley that "flaxen" means pale yellow. It's totally the wrong word for a redhead.

I guess the promo last week must've been very misleading, because it gave me the impression that Alexis and Martha would be held captive by a killer. Glad they didn't go that route, beyond having Castle worry about the possibility. Also it was a nice departure from the usual format where they bounce from one innocent suspect to the next to the next. They spent most of the episode focused on one guy, and he actually was involved, though there was still a twist at the end as to how. And instead of the revolving door of suspects, it was more of a classic mystery structure where it turns out to be one of the three featured guest suspects -- with all three of them being legitimately involved rather than red herrings. Indeed, they played with our expectations by making the sweaty guy look like the usual easily-discarded Suspect #1, then revealing he actually had been involved all along.

And in another format departure, the killer gets away. No doubt he'll be back later in the season. I guess we've already had the arc about Beckett's white whale, so now it's time to give Castle "one that got away," one he blames himself for, to make it more personal. I wonder if this will just be a couple of episodes or if they'll make more of an arc out of it. (Come to think of it, are they ever going to revisit the mystery of who hired the killer of Beckett's mother?)

14. Aragorn

Once they went to "prisoner who knows way too much information for his own good" the second time, it was too obvious (to me anyway) that he was the (primary) killer all along. But I guess this is one of those cop shows where the mystery isn't the story.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Sometimes it is. The mysteries on Castle are inconsistent. Sometimes it's easy to figure out or depends on the cops inexplicably overlooking the obvious. (There was one early episode where it took them 3/4 of the episode to begin suspecting the wife even though it's routine to investigate spouses and even though she had an obvious motive.) But sometimes the mysteries can be quite devious and clever. Well, at least in the first season, before they settled into their "bounce from suspect to suspect" formula, pretty much the cop-show equivalent of House's "bounce from diagnosis to diagnosis" formula.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

They alluded to it a few episodes ago, when Beckett was sharing a drink with her old partner/mentor. So they haven't forgotten about it.

17. Aragorn

I wonder if Castle writing a crime novel based on Esposito (as he said he would) would change any dynamics of the show, such as Beckett jealousy, or not.

18. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the prime suspect looked a lot like Jeffery Combs. I had to go look it up on IMDB to make sure. Been a while since I've seen Combs in anything. Nope, not him.

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Good episode, Castle is fun to watch. Molly C. Quinn is adorable, I really like the father/daughter relationship, its so positive unlike other shows, she's a great person.

20. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've heard they might hint at Beckett's mother's murder some, but they are planning that to be a part of Season 4 (which seems pretty likely to happen).

I liked last night's episode, save the fact that my ABC affiliate had some issues and was off the air for a couple of scenes close to the end (at the hospital with Sweaty McSweaterson and I'm guessing where Beckett puts the pieces together while out with the captain).

Flaxen did throw me off, though. Even my wife said, "isn't that blond?"