teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

In the directors commentaries (and I think Ronald D Moore talked about this for BSG), clip shows allow you to shift budgeted money between episodes so you can support one that eats up a ton of sets or CGI. But what 46379.1 said might indicate that SciFi was trying to get some shows to do flashback season endings, which would of course be the end of that season's budget, so perhaps they wanted to use that money on some other show's season-ending budget-busting blowout, or perhaps some executive had his bonus based on how much a series came in under budget.

As for Carter covered by a silver towel, O'Neill definitely wanted to look, too. :)

And once again, we saw the failure of a Goa'uld hand-device, which seem to be less effective at inflicting face pain than pepper-spray. Sadly, at no point in the series did an SG member pepper spray a Goa'uld using a hand-device, in a cute "my hand weapon trumps your hand weapon" scene. :D

Little known fact: Hathor wasn't killed, just frozen, and she was later freed by a rival system lord. Then she escaped and to Earth and used her one skill (tricking unwary men in close proximity into worshipping her) to get a reality show, now calling herself "Kim Kardasian".

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was disappointed to see that Hathor's nail polish was a frosted bronze in that ep. This seemed more suitable for Apophis.

As to looking.. he does look, at her back.. a rather long look :D and then he tells her she better change clothes with the guy on the floor :lol:

Thanks all for the flashback explanations!

3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know about that. After all, Politics and Out of Mind were the only clip shows during the Showtime run.

I suspect the reason there were so many clip shows during the Sci-fi run was more to do with RDA's decreased availability. After all, they didn't do any after he left the show, and Atlantis only did one during its five year run. SGU didn't do any at all.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

That's just far more creepy than I ever expected an SG-1 Caption to get :alienblush:
    (I'm sure this is because I'm picturing Mr. Roarke judging NuKhan by Mr. Roarke's Standards)

First Judgmental statement would probably be "You Look Like Tattoo Flailing about like that"...(The Plane, The Plane, Bosth, The Plane)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  5. teacake

I had a really bad rejoinder to this. Let's just say it involved Teal'c and the DS9 episode One Little Ship and leave it at that. And now..

Seth: This has always been one of my least favorite names (apologies if any of you are actually named this, ack) because my mother had all the Seth books on her bookshelf and I thought all that newage stuff was creepy as fuck. So having Seth as the Goa'uld undercover cult leader in his own compound on earth (in the PNW no less!) fit rather nicely. This episode also gave us a Jaffa joke which was just.. priceless. The whole scene, Teal'c laughing out loud after he relayed it and everyone else's reactions was great.

This episode contains my so far favorite line in Stargate, spoken by O'Neill to Carter after she kills Seth using the magic Goa'uld bracelet she wields thanks to her past blending.

"Hail Dorothy."

I'd watch this episode twenty times over to hear him deliver that again.

:lol:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The sixth and seventh season's cllip shows I do believe were because they spent more money on those season's finales. Clip shows are normally cost cutting measures as with TNG's Shades Of Grey.

7. teacake

Fair Game: This was kind of dull, though we learned a lot more about the Asgard. Loved seeing the system lords being all imperious in their dress ups. The stand out winner of this episode was Jacqueline Samuda as Nirrti, WOW. Another beautiful woman with an interesting face. Vicious and in harem gear.

She pretty much had this look on her face the whole time :lol:

[​IMG]

8. teacake

Legacy: Daniel was not feeling his best.

[​IMG]

An interesting sci fi medical mystery. Carter saves the day again thanks to her blending powers. Is there nothing having a goa'uld in your gut for five minutes can't fix?

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I love Legacy, as cornball as it is. The reactions of the team when they think one of their own has gone insane, the scenes of Daniel in the psych ward, the whole team losing it in the lab---good stuff.

Plus, any Danny-centric episode is, in my book, a good one. :bolian:

10. teacake

I thought it was almost odd how they think he's going insane because of gate travel. Don't they realize that when someone tells you they are seeing and hearing mysterious invisible aliens they are?

11. gturner

gturner Admiral

They'd have figured it out a lot sooner if they'd had him swap bodies with somebody. :D

12. teacake

Learning Curve: As soon as I saw this picture I thought "that looks like a goddamn Borg cube. Bad stuff IS coming." I was wrong.

[​IMG]

Then when I saw the kids, the freaky children of the corn kids, I thought, "them chilluns are gonna DIE." I was partially wrong.

Pretty great ep showing a very interesting culture. If they start adding all kinds of stuff to the learning nanites they might even end up as total freaks. Go on, put some religion in there and BOOM they are cultists! Look how one day in the playground revolutionized them.. they should be careful. What they think of as a strength makes them the ultimate brainwash vulnerable people.

13. teacake

Point of View: I love Alternate Universe stories. One of my favorite ever themes. And this one was fabulous! I can hear the Stargate powers that be, "Just feed the shippers this candy.. eat shippers, feed upon it, there's some nice shippers yessss.."

Every time AU Carter had a temporal cascade tremor which involved lots of convulsing and her head phase shifting in disturbing and dorky ways O'Neill got this disgusted look on his face. Each time it happened I thought, "this is not a man who should show up at his woman's childbirth, you just KNOW that look is gonna happen at some point."

[​IMG]

This pic doesn't even do it justice. Thank goodness the widowed AU Carter was too busy Linda Blair-ing her head back and forth to notice.

Too bad about Kawalsky being dead in our reality. They should have had him in Atlantis instead of Rainbow. It would have been a more poignant end.

And I did have a laugh when we saw MU Apophis!

[​IMG]

Great episode.

14. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Both episodes, Learning Curve and Point of View, are among my favourite episodes. I love MU/AU-episodes as well. I always ask the "what if?"-question, and it's nice to see that apparently the writers do as well. *g*

O'Neill and kids... how can I resist?

15. gturner

gturner Admiral

Yep, two great episodes. Samantha had to watch herself kissing O'Neill, knowing that he was probably finding out what her tongue was like and hoping he wouldn't blab to the rest of the team, much less to McKay or Felger. :D

The Naquadah generator becomes a fixture throughout the series, and on into Stargate Atlantis.

16. teacake

I wish Trek had given us as much to play with in the shipping lines. Even after actually having sex with MU Dax there was no tensions, no lingering looks.. NOTHING from Sisko when he got back to his reality Dax. That's not even normal, even if he regretted it there should have been some embarrassment or discomfort when he first saw his Dax.
    Oh is it? Yes I have seen all of Atlantis but I'm quite the tech tard. I'll remember Hathor's nailpolish choices long before I'll remember doohicky devices that are gonna save the day.

17. gturner

gturner Admiral

When the ship from Earth finally arrived (season 2?), they brought an enhanced naquadah generator to help power the city. That's the same episode where the Wraith directly attacked Atlantis.

18. teacake

Deadman's Switch: Flash Gordon captures the team! But it turns out he's an old softie and so he lets them go.

19. teacake

Demons:The Unas is awesome. As usual it's horrible to see a people ground down for generations in fear and suffering at the hands of the Goa'uld. Bury the Gate is a meme that needs some widespread airplay.

20. gturner

gturner Admiral

Sadly enough, the Harris Bock character in Deadman Switch never made another appearance in Stargate because he got a contract with another studio to make Boba Fett his personal bitch, which he did.