Useful links and sites

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by the_real_adamj, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you everyone for the links!

2. whacked

whacked Ensign Red Shirt

I used Joomla - formerly Mambo - for my website below (in the sig). It is a an opensource CMS with one of the biggest communites of developers. There are a ton of extensions that add to its capabilites (i.e. an image gallery). I wanted more than a simple blog so I went with it and created a superblog.

3. Sasoriza

Sasoriza Captain Captain

Or, Trekcore, the Trekpulse alternative....

Does anyone know where to get older versions of 3D Studio Max? In the 4.2-6.0 range? (The cheaper, the better.) Discreet (pardon, Autodesk) doesn't seem to offer them anymore.

4. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

Look for local computer shows. They normally sell a wide range of discontinued software at reasonable prices.

5. tkron

tkron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If anyone could suggest a site I can use to test/validate my XHTML files BEFORE I upload them to my server, I'd be most appreciative. Live long and prosper!

6. kv1at3485

kv1at3485 Commodore Commodore

The W3C validator allows you to test pages from your harddrive. Use the 'Validate by File Upload' option. Also be sure to take advantage of the CSS validator as well.

If you're bent on using XHTML, read this first and know what you're getting into.

7. Seraphim

Seraphim Admiral Admiral

TXT 2 PIC -- the ultimate sign generator

8. Seraphim

Seraphim Admiral Admiral

ImageChef is a family-friendly site that allows you to create custom images for your blog, forum signature or general amusement without having to register any kind of account. Check it out!
    :thumbsup:

9. GrammourBoy

GrammourBoy Cadet Newbie

Lots of good links here. Thanks, guys. :)

10. Seraphim

Seraphim Admiral Admiral

First post of the new year: convert video formats on the fly

Hey!Watch which officially launched on January 10th, is a simple online solution that lets users upload videos, or point to online videos from locations like YouTube, Google Video and other social networks, and have them encode the video in any format. There are a wide array of encoding options ranging from different iPod ranges, avi, asf, mov, Playstation, Nintendo, Nokia 770, Pocket PC, Wii, Zune, DivX, Flash video, Mpeg, TiVo, mp3, aac, and WMV. If you don't find your video encoding option here, chances are that you don't need that format.

The Hey!Watch service is free for 10 monthly encoding sessions, then requires a $4.99 monthly fee for more than 10, and up to 100 monthly encoding sessions.

Its a neat service. Check it out

11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

12. vedek

vedek Commander Red Shirt

If you know nothing about creating websites, this is by far the best and easiest Webpage creator I have ever used:

www.webstudio.com
    Web Studio 4.0

Download the demo and try it for 30 days. This is NOT a paid advertisement. This is just a great program and I don't mind promoting it.

13. tharpdevenport

Anyone know of a good music storage site? Like imageshack.us and Photobucket let you store photos there.

A good free one wiht prefferably no registration and not a lot of hassle and pop ups.

14. tharpdevenport

Asking again if anyone knows.

15. tharpdevenport

As an addendum to my question:

A site that allows hotlinking of files, so they don't have to go there and download them and they start loading and play.

16. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

17. tharpdevenport

Thank you, hellsgate, it turned out to be very useful; I wonder how much bandwidth it allows. But it solved my problems!

18. James Wright

James Wright Commodore Commodore

Why isn't there a permanent links page on the Trek BB's?
    You all listed some pretty good sites in your posts & someone listed the site I asked about in my post.
    Just thought I'd ask and see!

JDW

19. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

20. alexnet

alexnet Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.