Soundtrack Release for Star Trek Into Darkness ??

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Nero's Shadow, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Does anyone know when the new soundtrack is coming out. I live in the UK and will probably download it off iTunes but I'm just dying to know when it's released.?? Hopefully the titles of each track won't give to much away ????

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't heard anything about a release date yet, we don't even know if Giacchino is done creating it.

As for the titles, knowing Giacchino it will be a mix of spoilers and weirdness.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

If I'm remembering correctly, the soundtrack for the last one was released just as the the movie opened for general release, so it might not be unreasonable to suppose the same will happen this time around.

I don't recall what the lead time was last time for advance purchase, but the DVDs and Blu-Rays for Into Darkness are still on "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available" status. I expect that'll be changing pretty soon.

4. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. The movie is three months away. The soundtrack (as well as other tie-in merchandise) most likely won't bee seen until around the same time, give or take a week.

I've NEVER heard of a movie soundtrack being released three months ahead of time.

5. Nero's Shadow

Thanks guys I can remember when Star Wars the phantom Menace come out the soundtrack came out a month early and one of the titles of one track was about the death of a main character gutted me as I'd not seen the film so in a way it spoilt it for me !! Lets hope they don't do the same for into darkness !!!

6. MisterPL

MisterPL Commander Red Shirt

I expect to read track titles like:

Khan-stant Sorrow
    Khan-ventional Wisdom
    After-Noonien Delight
    Some-Singh Went Wrong
    Sittin' on the Dock of the Botany Bay

... only to have Khan show up in that one, brief cameo at the end of the flick. :rolleyes:

7. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they keep the first movie's theme tune for this film, the one when the title appeared, or when we first saw the Enterprise in spacedock etc...

8. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Or pretty much any scene period.

9. M'Sharak

I'm pretty sure that Kpnuts was referring to "Enterprising Young Men".

But then, you probably knew that.

10. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a very evocative piece. The arrangement that played over the Titan scene gives me goosebumps every single time. It's as if Giacchino managed to put "Star Trek, fuck yeah!" into symphonic form.

11. Nero's Shadow

Always thought the main title and that music was amazing !!! I've got enterprising young men as my ringtone on my phone !!! Love that music when kirk Spock pike and sulu are heading out to the shuttle to do the space jump dive !! And how the enterprise seems so busy and ready for action !!! Love it !!!!

12. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't wait for this soundtrack either. This and Giacchino's score for the new Star Trek game sounds promising. :)

13. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well they used it in the 9 min preview thing, so unless the movie version uses different music ( though I doubt they would) it's in there at least once. Besides I do think they reuse theme tunes in sequels.

14. Andymator

Andymator Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

*slow clap*

15. SalvorHardin

I think I heard that the music on the 9 minute preview was supposed to be temporary, since Giacchino hadn't started work on the soundtrack yet. So it might end up changing in the final film.
    Though I did like the tune in the Mickey scenes.

16. M'Sharak

With few exceptions, the music is the last part of a movie to be done, since the composer generally can't start working until all of the timing for everything else is pretty well set and nailed in place. Any music used in trailers before the film is finished and in the can is likely to be temporary, though that's not to say that some form of the last movie's theme won't make an appearance in the score for this one.

17. SalvorHardin

I will be greatly surprised if it doesn't make an appearance.

I wonder what they'll do for the credits this time. Will we get a variation on the TOS theme again or something else.

18. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Yup! ^^^ This.

19. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Glad to hear that 'Enterprising Young Men' made it into the 9 minutes, whether temporary or not. Fingers crossed it'll be used in the film as the NuTrek theme.

20. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm hoping for a better orchestral remix without cutting into a different theme at the same time like the last movie did. And I hope it has a soprano like the TOS-R theme had. :)