The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gojira, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

As the show wraps up season 4 I wonder if any one else likes the show? I only began watching it last season but have purchased all the DVDs and it is my favorite show.

2. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I liked the first two seasons, but the gags are getting pretty tired. Howard desperately needs real character growth (he's beyond a charactature now), the Penny relationship is going down the David/Maddy Sam/Diane Ross/Rachel issue of going on way the hell too long and no one cares anymore route. It's getting.. stale.. and I've lost interest.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

TBBT was starting to show problems towards the end of season 3 and early season 4 but has overcome then and I feel has been on a real roll for the past several months. The expadned cast has breathed new life into the show and Amy has become the female breakout character much like Sheldon is out of the male cast.

Its lost its shine of course but no show can avoid that, age is always going to happen and I wish they would do some more geek centric stuff but overall its my favourite comedy out there right now and my 2nd favourite of all time behnd Scrubs.

4. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it's fun :D

5. Gojira

One of the things about the Leonard and Penny relationship is that I liked it when Leonard was pining away for her. But once they got together I found that I really didn't think there was much chemistry between them and I am glad they broke up. I hope they don't get back together but they probably will.

Howard is now engaged to Bernadette so hopefully we will see some character growth.

6. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I could never get into it, myself. The geek humour always felt too forced to me, and lacks the natural flow that it had in something like Spaced. It's all right for what it is, I guess, but I've never really understood why it's so beloved.

7. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I watched the first season on DVD because my friends insisted that it was hilarious, and it was thoroughly mediocre. Then I watched the second season because they insisted that it gets much better.

It didn't.

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'm waiting for the episode when Sheldon walks in on Amy and Wil Wheaton in "afterglow" ... It'll happen sooner or later, I'm sure.

9. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4K2R8L0jcA&feature=related[/YT]

11. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is one of my favorite comedy shows and I'm someone who doesn't watch comedy shows.

12. Gojira

I pretty much stopped watching them and Big Bang Theory is now one of three that I watch.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Even if it's slowly running out of steam (Sackhoff & Takei felt a geek-too-far/shark moment), it's still a damn sight funnier than 99% of British sitcoms...

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Bull. I'll stand any season of Blackadder or Red Dwarf up against this tripe and have absolutely no fear that the britcom will get the most laughs.

15. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

It seems to have lost some steam after Seasons 1 & 2, but TBBT is still the sitcom I watch, years after having given up watching sitcoms.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Having seen neither (apart from clips of Blackadder which everyone says is brilliant but all seems to consist of is: darling/cunning plan/the jokiest joke in all of jokedom) will have to take your word :) Maybe they're both in that 1%?

OK, I'll change hyperbole to: it's a damn sight funnier than the British sitcoms I have seen, of which there are some but not all.

17. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I tend to prefer the style of Britcoms to most American sitcoms, myself.

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoy TBBT. I'm glad they added the girls to the show, gives it an extra dimension.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I like both. I must be special.
    ;)

20. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This. The show bugs me because it reeks of the regular hacks that work for Chuck Lorre cribbing from a geek culture they know nothing about. They mention all the touchstones but the humor is in no way clever. In fact, their favorite joke is endless variations on "Man, aren't nerds weird?!?!" Just hacky shit all around, IMO.