X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I may be missing the point but the time travel "rules" in BTTF and Star Trek 11 are totally different. Or are you not saying they are the same, just...both stupid?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

If the events of X3 are erased/changed I feel the events of X1 and X2 will be to. Lets not forget the the major period in the past the film will take place in is the 1970s. Any changes there would affect everything after.

I could see Singer willing to show the events of his own movies altered to open up possibilities for sequels.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I dreamed of an easy way to bring Scott and Jean back last night. Have Nimrod appear in the present era at Alkalai Lake just as Scott and Jean are about to share that final kiss in X3, thus interupting them and changing the timeline, hopfully for the better.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

There is no such thing as time travel "rules". It will always give you a headache if you think too much about it.

5. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Not to put a damper on it, but there's the risk that the first-time viewer could become a Hugh Jackman completist and watch both X3 and that movie with the ridiculous title. Still, they'll probably be more affected by Les Mis and The Prestige.

I used to think that the plot of The Terminator was suspiciously similar to Days Of Future Past. As it turns out, it's possible that both owe a debt to Harlan Ellison.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

They should just rename the first three X-men movies "Wolverine and the X-men" already.:p

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm not actually worried...I was just wondering what Set Harth's point was.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Our first look at Beast! He looks awesome. :D

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Looks a lot better than what we got in "First Class." I never understood the drastic change in Beast's look between "The Last Stand" and "First Class."

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed, but I wonder what it means. Are they retconning Beast's look for greater consistency with The Last Stand?

13. Dick Whitman

I must be missing something here. For what we can see in this new picture I am not notice a significant change here. More of a beard? Hmmm not sure how I can explain why sometimes I have facial hair and sometimes I do not either....

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Kelsey Grammar's Beast in The Last Stand had more human features, whereas Beast in First Class basically looked like a cat. This new picture is more in line with Kelsey's Grammar's original look.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Perhaps. Beast is ten years older here, so it's an easy explanation for the change.

16. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Well, maybe like in the comics, the mutation continued (or Beast experimented on himself again). However, unlike the comics, the mutations are making him look more human as opposed to more cat.

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Looks great!

But it needs more Grammer. :p

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kelsey Grammar
    Nicholas Hoult
    I like both versions of the character design myself.
    It will be interesting to see if they explain the change, or just treat like he's always looked the same.

19. Dick Whitman

To me it looks like an even mixture of both designs. He still has the yellow eyes which Grammer did not have.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The more animalistic version from First Class wasn't their first choice. They originally tried out a much more X3-style design, but they abandoned it (in my opinion) because it looked terrible.

Looks like they've found a middle-ground they're happy with for DoFP. :)