The Terminator Chronicles: Second Chance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nx1701g, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a very well thought out ending. You surprised me here and there along the way. Thanks for writing this. Pity the network wouldn't give the show a chance to tell this tale-but they would have foolishly overlooked your great finale tale, anyway, mores the pity.

:techman::bolian:

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow that was epic and in the tradition of the franchise I think as well...satisfying conclusion IMO. Well done NX your work is greatly appreciated I believe.

3. Dr Lobster

Dr Lobster Cadet Newbie

NX,
    I found your story by accident a few months back searching google for something SCC related. This was truely amazing and had me glued to the computer. You are obviously a huge fan of the show, and I loved all of the tie ins to episodes in both seasons, especially Dungeons & Dragons.

Have you contacted anyone regarding a straight to DVD movie revolving around this timeline?? I know Thomas Dekker was on Youtube about the cancelation of the series, and he had been pushing producers to continue on in some way. You might be able to contact him via Youtube. I think everyone that was involved in the series should read this. I felt so let down with the way season two, and the series, ended, but was pulled right back into it all with your genious continuation. Even the tie in to Ashcroft and the events of Salvation was awesome. You are an epic storyteller and I am now going to read your other Terminator stories.

Thanks for keeping this going, and I look forward to the epilogue.:bolian::techman::bolian::techman:

4. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

in a word...amazing....Your Terminator story was everything that Salvation was not... I truly enjoyed your addition.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words regarding my work on this story. It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I enjoyed working on this. It provided a much needed diversion. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Though, I have to admit, I took a lot of inspiration from Salvation when writing this. The hybrids I use are inspired directly by Marcus from the film and, for Terminator expanded universe readers, the T(S)-300 series. The human converts having chips implanted into their brains are based on the I-950s and the UniSOLs.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thank you too. I wanted to take the story in a new direction and I think that it would be interesting to explore the new John that I created in the future. I'm not closing the door on what I've done and may return in the future to the Terminator saga to write another story. How would John deal with having Allison in his life? How will he cope with being the one that sent the Terminator after his father? How would his mother take it and how would he tell her? All great questions that, perhaps, I'll answer one day.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thanks. I was worried a bit as I was writing the ending that people wouldn't like where I went with the story. A friend of mine read it before I posted it and he said that he felt it was dark even for the Terminator franchise - which is what made him like it even more.

As for the future: Thomas Dekker again claimed during an interview for Nightmare on Elm Street that there's talk again of a DVD movie. However, I don't have much hope for a future for the series sadly.

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm glad that you liked it and I again thank you for the suggestions early in the story. They were very helpful.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Thank you. I did a lot of research while writing this to keep it interesting and rooted in the lore of the series. Terminator Wiki's seen a lot of visits from me lately.

I have had contact with some of the people who worked on the show in the past because I know a few of them from previous work I've done. I was given some information on what was being planned for the future and, I have to admit, their ideas were much better (and I wish I'd have thought some of them up). I can't release some of the things they'd told me just incase they do get the DVD movie, but I think fans would enjoy it.

The series finale of TSCC made that perfect. I honestly feel more that the final scenes of TSCC would've been the result had Ashdown launched the attack on Skynet Central.

Thank you. I have posted a couple others on this board and on Terminator Files. Remember though that several of the things that I posted in the earlier stories were during the run of TSCC and may have been contradicted later.

I'm still debating doing that at the moment. I love how I ended it with John and Allison going off into the unknown, but it isn't what I'd originally pictured in my head. If I do the epilogue it'd focus entirely on Sarah.

10. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've just been re-reading those last bits and I think there's something I missed.

Kyle Reese went back to 1984 to save Sarah Connor, and (though it wasn't in his mission orders) father John Connor.

Realizing that a T-800 hadn't been sent to kill Sarah, and that one is necessary to ensure she believes Reese, John sends the Skynet Mission Commander back to 1984 with orders to kill her.

John and Allison then travel back to his own time to destroy Skynet before it is built.

OK, I get that, but perhaps I'm being a bit thick. Where, and when, did John Henry go to?

11. Admiral_Young

Just a question to the question you posed NX...why would John even tell Sarah what he did? Unless it became absolutely necessary for him to explain his actions I think he'd remain silent about his actions regarding his father. Perhaps if Sarah presses the issue with him John would reply "Everything happened like it was supposed to Mom and that's all you need to know." I think that'd be an extra burden for John to carry around that he doesn't need if he were to tell Sarah about what he did in the future...he doesn't need to alienate her. Besides which he has Allison to confide in about the future events right?

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately I don't have time to expand upon it, but I would've expanded upon it as the story progressed (this was going to be pretty much the first act in a multiple arc story I'd been thinking up). Why John would eventually confide in Sarah with what had happened and his choices to send the terminator back to kill his own father in the end would've been revealed.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I intentionally kept John Henry's destination a secret. The presumption on John's part was that he went to the past.

Again I'm holding off just if I want to continue the story in the future (I am seriously debating doing the next story - only condensing it from the practical novel that I wrote to something a bit smaller).

14. Admiral_Young

Must continue...

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I am seriously debating it with myself. I want to do it but I'm afraid I don't have the time right now. Plus I have a couple of different stories in my head that are, frankly, more detailed at the moment. Here are just a few of them.

Batman: Ice World - Following the reign of the Joker and Two-Face, the Dark Knight has become a pariah in Gotham - hunted by both the law and the lawless for crimes he wasn't part of. But a mysterious new gangster named Freeze may change everything forever, bringing the bat back to a world of ice.

Would focus on bringing the character of Mister Freeze (deemed impossible in the nolanverse) into the new movie realm in a realistic manner.

Star Trek: War of Tomorrow - Set in the alternate timeline of Yesterday's Enterprise, Captain Edward Jellico takes command of the Nebula Class USS Enterprise-E in order to lead the fleet against the combined Klingon Fleet at Wolf 359.

Something I've been toying with for a while. It would focuse on showing a different side of trek and what possibilities exist in a Trek different than all others.

Star Wars: Renegades - The Republic is no more, the Empire is born, and the Jedi are extinct. Except a brave few. Chronicles the adventures of a Republic Cruiser where Order 66 was never received and what happens when the New Order comes to call.

This is something else that I've been thinking about for a while. We've seen a few times that Order 66 wasn't followed (Rise of Darth Vader, The Force Unleashed), but we've never followed it for a long time. This is what I'm leaning toward honestly and I have about 45% of it written in my head already.

Terminator: Evil Walks - A modern retelling of the classic film The Terminator set in the early 21st Century. In the future humanity is hunted to the point of extinction by the forces of Skynet, but the Resistance is stronger than ever imagined. The human race is about to win in the war for survival, but Skynet launches a last ditch plan to ensure its own survival.

This would be more like the original script than what was actually shown on screen. There would be some differences and there would be a different ending.

16. Admiral_Young

Out of those the Batman sequel and Star Trek one interest me the most and I would read them both in a heart beat.

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

At the moment I'm debating between Batman and Star Wars.

18. Admiral_Young

Batman then.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I've pretty much decided I'm going to write another story. What I may do, however, is post the first chapters of both stories and have people vote on what they'd rather read.

20. Admiral_Young

^ That is genius my friend!!