Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^That's interesting to see. Thanks for sharing it, Therin!

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

"Seekers #3: Long Shot" by David Mack has arrived Down Under! (Galaxy Bookshop, Sydney).

Also my second hand market copy of "A Trunk Full of Yak Hair Or How the Klingons Got Their Look” by "Star Trek" costume designer, Robert Fletcher, arrived. It has a large Bob Fletcher autograph in a calligraphy-nibbed pen, and a bookmark that matches the dustjacket. As suspected, there are only two sketches from a Klingon (one is Kruge from ST III), but lots of photos and sketches from Fletcher's life and career.

Fletcher mentions (on p. 117) how the costume sketches for the Trek movies stayed with Paramount and, of course, we know that some/many were sold off a decade ago in all those auctions.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't actually bought it yet, but I just wanted to see everyone know that the e-book version of Greg Cox and John Gregory Betancourt's DS9 novel, Devil in the Sky is US$2.99 on the Google Play, Kindle, and Nook stores.

4. Sto-Vo-Kory

^Thanks, JD!

5. Sto-Vo-Kory

I just went to Amazon to pick up Devil in the Sky and discovered that a MASSIVE amount of Trek novels/omnibuses are currently priced between $1.99 - $2.99.

The SCE/CoE eNovellas and Mere Anarchy eNovellas are also in this price range.

But, of course, the Slings and Arrows eNovella series is still outrageously priced. :klingon:

6. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

German edition of New Frontier - Stone and Anvil (Stein und Amboss)

7. Therin of Andor

[​IMG]
    Cross Cult New Frontier by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Which is very exciting for this TAS fan! Mine arrived on Wednesday! The spine has a great little portrait of Arex the Triexian! (I wasn't expecting to see him until the "Grenzenlos"/"No Limits" anthology, which I have on pre-order.)

My copy of the previous Cross Cult NF novel, "Mehr als Götter"/"Gods Above" (with M'Ress on its front cover), turned up on the same day, from a different supplier, and I realised that these spines combine to show a multi-part NF cast pic. Part of M'Ress is visible on the spine of that one, so I've decided to order "Menschsein"/"Being Human" as well, to complete her portrait.

[​IMG]
    Spines of Cross Cult Trek novels by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  8. Kilana2

Ehm, Therin. I understand that you are a New Frontier fan. I take it that you don't unterstand German and you have already read the originals. So you acquire the German editions just for the covers and they go unread into your book shelf?

I have experience in reading novels both in English and German. Reading A Stitch in Time in German was a bit disappointing despite the great new cover, because I knew the story already.

9. Therin of Andor

Correct! I am collecting them for the cool Janos, Andorians, Arex and M'Ress cover art. Have already read them in English.

[​IMG]Cross Cult Andorians by Ian McLean, on Flickr

10. Kilana2

Latest acquisition: German edition of the Eugenic Wars part II

Der Aufstieg und Fall des Khan Noonien Singh II

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

11. Kilana2

TNG - German edition of Cold Equations: Silent Weapons (Kalte Berechnung - Lautlose Waffen)

12. Therin of Andor

My copy of the German translation of Michael A. Martin's "Star Trek: Titan" title featuring Andorians - Shar, Pava and others, and the Imperial Guard Warship "Therin" (named for guess who?) - has arrived Down Under: "Gefallene Gotter" ("Fallen Gods"), Cross Cult.

[​IMG]Cross Cult Andorians by Ian McLean, on Flickr

13. Therin of Andor

The new "Star Trek: Voyager" novel, "Atonement", arrived at Galaxy Bookshop, Sydney, Australia, during the week!

[​IMG]Atonement by Ian McLean, on Flickr

14. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I love the German cover with the Andorians and the Shran-class warship. I wonder whether this particular cliffhanger will be resolved someday.

Can't wait fro Atonement. :drool:

15. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Some great treklit buys recently! I received, from ebay, 3 of the Shatnerverse novels: The Ashes of Eden, Captain's Glory, and Collision Course. The latter of which i've been looking for for awhile. I also got a copy of Shadows on the Sun, an old favorite that i've lost over the years; and I also finally found a copy of the first volume of Strange New Worlds.

Amazon also sent me a notice saying that my order of VOY: Atonement, SKRS: Long Shot, & TOS: From History's Shadow, has shipped, and should arrive to my house today! Just in time for a nice cottage weekend. I predict Atonement will be gobbled up as fast as I'm able :techman:

16. Kilana2

Atonement has arrived today :techman:

17. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Atonement didn't end up showing up yesterday! :scream:
    Hopefully today :techman:

18. Therin of Andor

"Ships of the Line" calendar and the "Autobiography of James T Kirk" hardcover showed up Down Under this week, and collected by me tonight.

19. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

The 2016 one? How do you like it compared to its predecessors?

20. Therin of Andor

[​IMG]
    Trek stuff by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Well, I'm simply a calendar completist and not really into pics of ships, but it looks nice to me!