Abrams Commits To Direct

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by M'Sharak, Sep 14, 2011.

1. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

J.J. - if you are reading this, then please...NO MORE LENS FLARE!!

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

We'll have more lens flares and I really don't mind them. I just hope he softens the lighting on the bridge and if he is going to use the brewery again just make it not look like a brewery.

There were some scenes where it worked and then some scenes where it was obvious it was a brewery.

3. Tidus79001

Tidus79001 Lieutenant Commander

I do have high hopes for J.J Abrams next Star Trek film. Now that he has successfully established his Star Trek first film & I feel that going forward he will really have the freedom to explore creativity with Star Trek in a way in which he wasn’t able to with his first film.

With his first film his hands were sort of tied & his freedom to have fully creativity was limited since he had to be careful of dealing with the issue for the growing pains that are to be expected when updating or revisiting a classic. Now that these issues have already been dealt with it opens up many more avenues for him to explore in terms of new stories, character development, the chance for him to create new introduce new content, and explore new concepts which will add to the Legacy of Star Trek.

I do hope that this will be the beginning of many new compelling stories & adventures for Captain Kirk & has crew as well as all for all of Star Trek.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

They certainly have. That covers everything. :lol:

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I agree. I liked the Trek XI, but there were a few things that were hard to swallow (even if they were necessary to get the film to end up with all the characters and situations in their "known" places). I fully await a rock & rolling good time in the next film. :techman:

6. malchya

malchya Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That pretty much sums it up, you know. I had issues with the film, but I am all agog with anticipation of the sequel. I can hardly wait!

7. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I watched 2009 last night during a sewing marathon. I love it. I was introduced to Trek through TAS on Nickelodeon. I truly became a Trek fan with TNG and watched most of the series that followed. I've seen all the movies and the Abrams-verse knows that it's an AU and enjoys it. I enjoy it. I like seeing the characters with different destinies. Will Uhura and Spock stay together? I don't know, but it'll be fun seeing how it unfolds.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

If this interview with Robert Orci and Mike Johnson regarding the IDW comic is accurate, it tells us that the time setting of the next movie is at least advanced into the first season time period of TOS - no "pre-TOS, just commissioned" stories about this crew.

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

^ Squeeee! :D

10. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So bitch-sessions about this film can include the entire film as implausible because we haven't established how Kirk became a mature Captain.

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every instance where we're to assume events have occurred or progressed since the first movie will be plot hole.

12. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

They should have TrekBBS as their script and story consultant!!
    How else will they make a good film??

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This. Fans always know best. Remember the BringBackKirk movement. I can't believe TPTB never bought into it! It would have been gold!!!

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Yep. Fuck that noise.

I'm sorry - I don't want to live inside Star Trek. I just want to watch a movie. ;)

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I prefer this approach too, we got to see them thrown together initially at the very beginning of their adventures, now we jump ahead to the more familiar era with them well established as a crew.

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, I just checked out that site. What ********ness.

"We can't stress enough that the ratings will be maximized by the return of James T. Kirk!" :lol:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  17. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

So Paramount actually listened to them?

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Yes, even more literally than the BringBackKirk people could ever have expected.

Paramount brought back James T. Kirk...

...and too late, the BBK folks realized that they should have called themselves Bring Back Shatner. :lol:

19. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depending on whether or not they liked the movie, that's a twist ending worthy of the Twilight Zone :)

20. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone should remake Shatner's Twilight Zone episodes with Chris Pine - now that would be a twist!