Post-"Yesterday's Enterprise"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SicOne, Jan 30, 2013.

1. SicOne

SicOne Commodore Commodore

This is my first time posting in Fan Fiction and I don't really know the proper protocol for asking this, so I'm just going to ask outright and probably regret it later...what fanfic is out there that picks up where TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise" leaves off?

Way I see it, it's ascertained that the Tasha Yar from the alternate timeline (in which the Klingons were at war with the Federation for 20-odd years) came back in time with the Enterprise-C, made it through the battle with the Romulans, and negotiated the continued survival of those aboard the Ent-C in return for becoming the consort of a Romulan general. The book "Vulcan's Forge" delves briefly into Yar's arrangement with General Volskiar but doesn't detail what happened afterwards, either to Yar or the Ent-C survivors. Additionally, the TNG 2-parter "Redemption" gives us a young Romulan Commander Sela, who claims to be the daughter of the alternate timeline Tasha Yar. According to Sela, Yar tried to escape with her when she was 4 but was captured and executed.

That seems a bit wasteful to me. A Starfleet officer from an alternate timeline with advanced tactical and weapons knowledge gained from years of warfare with one of the Romulan Empire's greatest enemies, left uninterrogated and basically put out to brood mare pasture to raise a half-breed? I rather think Volskiar told Sela a phony story about her mother's disappearance, and then delivered Yar into the loving hands of the Tal Shiar for mind-sifting. That brings to question the matter of what then happened to Yar as well as the Ent-C survivors.

Clearly, someone hasn't picked up that story in Trek literature, but I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't ran with that dropped ball in Fan Fiction...

School me.

2. SicOne

69 reads and no bites? Help me out, people!

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I don't think I've run across any such story but then again, it's not really an era that interests me greatly. Have you tried searching fanfiction.net? I believe they have an advanced search function on their site that might yield results.

4. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sounds like you've given the matter a great deal of thought.

As you'd likely be unfulfilled with anything another writer might come up with regarding these characters and that time period, perhaps you might want to consider writing it yourself.

I'd be curious enough to give it a read. :)

5. SicOne

I can't write for shit. Just figured someone else already did a follow-up, and whether it was exceptional or excruciating, I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Count Zero, thanks for the nudge in the right direction; will check it out.