What would YOU bring back?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Darth_Daver, Oct 13, 2011.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I mean, I thought the start of the second season was a bit slow but towards the end it really picked up and looked like it was going in a really dark and interesting direction.

2. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I think The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman, done correctly, would still be viable. SMDM would need a new title, of course, but if they went back to the original Martin Caidin novels, except make Austin an Iraq or Afghanistan vet instead of a Vietnam vet and a shuttle pilot instead of a Moon-walker, and keep with the more realistic bionics Caidin wrote about, I think it would work. Those original novels were closer to "24" than to Bigfoot.

The remake of Bionic Woman failed because the people who made it seemed to have a dislike for the original, plus they were hogtied by not licensing enough of Caidin's concepts. What they need is to go back and see what made the original work. It worked because Lindsay Wagner very much made Jaime a reluctant agent, and looked upon much of her adventures with a strong sense of irony (watching the episodes on DVD for the first time in 30 years I'm struck at how ironic that show was at times). A modern BW could work if they were able to find that balance between Chuck and Alias.

Alex

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd bring back "Mutant X" based on the series original concept that was quickly abandoned in favour of the series we ended up getting.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I know I'm supposed to have one answer...:lol:

Ok at 9 years old it would have been Battlestar Galactica.

At 15, I'd have said Star Trek.

At 20 I'd have said Max Headroom or Outer Limits

At 30 I'd have said, VR5.

At 41...probably Enterprise...though Flash Forward would be up there.

My success rate with the Almighty of Television is quite high. ST came back in the form of STNG when I was 17. Outer Limits when I was 25. Battlestar Galactica came back when I was 33.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd get in line for "Joan" too, except the "kids" are too old now.

I liked "Earth 2"... but would prefer to restart "Flashforward".

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I stopped watching because of that watered down second season, but those later developments I read about would have gotten me back as a viewer.

Anyway, here's my list...

Caprica
    Crusade
    Defying Gravity
    Journeyman
    Kings
    Nowhere Man
    Otherworld
    Star Trek: Enterprise (I want to see the Shatner episode.)
    Stargate Universe (They found their footing but it was too late.)

7. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

Of course! Completely slipped my mind!

8. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd reboot The Starlost with a good budget, that was a quality concept that was badly handled.

9. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Great Ideas all around! Dunno how I forgot Stargate Universe! Guess it hasn't been long enough to feel the pain like with Odyssey 5 or Treshold.

As for Enterprise it didn't feel like it went before its time (even though I loved it), because, well, it had its shot and it never grasped its true potential.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The Sentinel -yeah, I know. I'm the only one in all of North America.
    Pushing Daisies--I miss the witty dialogue and Emerson's great lines.
    Kings--positively Shakespearean in scope. More proof that Ian McShane needs more screen time.
    Enterprise- Connor Trinneer, people. I'm just sayin'.
    Wonderfalls- the bizarre sense of humor was one of a kind.
    Survivors (the remake). This was brilliant, with a great cast.
    ....part of me would like to say Blake's 7, but really, how can you possibly top the awesomeness that was Paul Darrow as Avon??

11. DrCorby

DrCorby Captain Captain

I didn't see a lot of this, but it was certainly an interesting idea and nicely executed.

Another great series I'd almost forgotten about that I'd love to see come back to life agin is Dead Like Me. Darkly humorous with great quirky characters. Although I missed Mandy Patinkin in the straight-to-DVD movie...

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Old raggity Paul Darrow rotting in a brick and mortar cell, when his conversation to his friend the mouse is rudely interrupted by one side of his entire universe for the last 40 years caving in from an explosion, then from the smoke struts a fit 22 year old with huge blonde Dolly Parton hair somehow crowbarred into a tight velour bodysock 3 sizes too small for an 8 yearold with a smoking blaster in each hand, and she says "I'm wth the resitance, I've come to rescue you and destroy the Federaton!"

To which Avon replies "Not this balls again."

13. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

A quirky little classic. Gotta love a technicolor fantasy show set largely in a pie shop and whose first episode is called "Pie-let". The cast is awesome, too.

@Guy Gardener: :guffaw:

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Am I the only person in the world who misses Cleopatra 2525?

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I miss it. I just don't want to revive it.

16. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Nope, because I'd enjoy seeing this come back as well: Deborah Farentino, Clancy Brown, Tim Curry.....

But if pressed to answer with only one ... my choice would definitely be Crusade. From the scripts of unproduced episodes, the first seasons seemed to be on its way to a heckuva ending. Tremendous potential swallowed up by egos and disagreements and conflicting visions.