teacake does Stargate: punch it

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by teacake, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Vala dies after having that crazy orgy with Teal and Daniel, and then ascends because the Ancients really need some lessons in loving. Awesome storyline for her character.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because nothing says sexy times like the Ancients!

3. teacake

TPTB: Religion is bad mmkay. Also, the Ori are dicks.

4. teacake

Beachhead: Vale Vala. Or hopefully not. So this all seems a set up to show us that whatever the heck the Ori are we can forget about blowing the crap out of them. They are powerful and do mysterious things.

5. teacake

Ex-Deus Machina: Jaffa running through office cubicles! Goa'uld on earth playing with Capitalism! And apparently many Baal's make light work.. excellent.

I'm a big fan of clones, other than in Nemesis. I feel like the storylines are a little frayed so far this season.. but at the same time the fall of the Goa'uld has left everything in a bit of chaos.

6. teacake

Babylon: I love seeing splinter groups and these Sodan were quite interesting. Tony Todd was a nice bonus. As soon as I realized Mitchell was drugged during the big duel to the death I though "Amok Time" and it seems the writers thought so too with Mitchell calling Volnek "Bones" :lol:

And these creepy ass Ori are everywhere!

7. bigdaddy

I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't care/remember season 9 by the lack replies. :lol:

8. teacake

I'm hoping for greatness. I'm about to watch the next one. So far I'm most annoyed at the new, bland, typically pretty doctor and her daddy issues. BORING.

:: cries over Janet ::

9. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Those daddy issues fortunately won't take long.

10. teacake

Prototype: It is always dangerous to defrost people.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

You'd think a genre savvy guy like Mitchell would have thought of that. Defrosting a guy who'd had his DNA messed with didn't work out too well for Captain Kirk, did it?

teacake likes this.
  12. bigdaddy

People are frozen for reasons.

I complete forgot about the doctor and daddy issues. Ugh that was bad. Would the military even station father and daughter together?

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably not if they were both in the military, but Dr. Lam is a civilian. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

14. bigdaddy

Why would a civilian be working at the most top secret base?

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Um, SGC has a lot of civilian personnel. Most notably a certain Egyptologist.

16. bigdaddy

That's true, but he was the one that started the Stargate in the first place. They couldn't find a a military doctor?

17. AJ86

AJ86 Captain Captain

Lam is a civilian? News to me.

18. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope, the one who kicked off the Stargate program was Catherine Langford. A civilian.

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The SGC, like many military bases has plenty of civilians staffed at it. Hell, most of the scientists like Dr. Lee are civilians.

Lam's presence at the SGC was O'Neill's doing. Presumably he felt she had all the necessary qualifications to run the SGC's medical facilities. And possbily he wanted to her and Landry to try to patch things up nd figured having them work together was the only way.

It seemed pretty obvious to me. She never wore a uniform or rank insignia, which all other military doctors in the Stargate shows have.

20. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Dr. Lee, Dr. Felger, Dr. Coombs, Dr. Rothman. And about half the cast and regulars of both SGA and SGU. (I think we can count the Antarctica base, Atlantis, the Icarus base, and Destiny as "most top secret bases" even though they're not Cheyenne Mountain.) You hire these people based on how badly you need them, not how high-ranking they are.

Also Vala, Jonas Quinn, and Teal'c. Civilians as far as the U.S. military is concerned.