Smallville 10x03 "Supergirl" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 8, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. SUPERMAN!! (Excellent)

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Red-Blue Blur (Good)

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. The Blur (Average)

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Superdouche (Bad)

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. Bizzaro (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

From TV.com:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SkAqmenm4Q[/yt]​

I won't be here Friday night, at all, to deliver my snarkiness as I've got plans with the family. But enjoy this tomorrow night and I'll post my comments on it sometime Saturday and might do a "Five minute Smallville" for it. I dunno.

:)

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

CANNOT WAIT, I am highly looking forward to this episode if you can't tell :D

Going to be very good, so far Smallville is having an excellent run of episodes to start off the 10th and last season.

BTW, I may not be here tomorrow evening to watch it live sadly :( My dad is coming into town this weekend to visit me and my sister, and he'll be staying with me, I'll probably be out at dinner tomorrow night during this time. But if I can, I'll be here. I probably won't be here next Friday either, going out of town I don't think I'll be back home in time to catch it live.

3. Trekker4747

I'm excited to see Kara back too and it'll be interesting to see how it goes. I love her costume.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_6q4CJe_8[/yt]

Can't wait! :D

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I can't wait either... I want to see Kara bust Clark's chops over STILL not being able to fly.

:devil:

6. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fixed.

7. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

^ You know it!

Seriously, she is one hot women, I was just googling her again.

She is the real Superman in Smallville.

I'm tired about hearing how Clark has this great destiny and will inspire so many yadda yadda yadda. Kara can do all the same things he can (actually more since she can actually fly and had no trouble with it, and seems to get the double identity thing), what about her I say, what about her. She's already doing his job better than he is. As far as I'm concerned in Smallville Kara is the true Superman of the series who should saaaaaaaaaaave Earth. Clark should be her sidekick.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been looking forward to this episode since it was announced. Kara should have been around to aide Clark and company last season against the clone Kandorians. As I mentioned in the hiatus thread even a throwaway line from Chloe saying that she and J'onn did their best to attempt to contact her but she was out of range. I hope there is progress made on the flying (I'm pretty sure my long suggested theory of his self doubt arc is preventing him from flying and there is some sort of Peter Pan connection to it, i.e. think happy thoughts CK!)

9. Trekker4747

I showed last week's episode to a buddy of mine, and much like me on my first viewing, totally thought Clark was going to fly at the end of the episode. I mean he's standing there at the top of a tall building, the music is swelling triumphantly the plane ticket drops from his hands and flutters to the ground, the camera pans around as Clark stands there boldly in his new uniform.... Dun dun... dun dun DUN DUN.... Cut to black.

Aww dammit! That would've been the perfect moment for him to fly! Arghhhh!!!! Just let him do it, okay?! Sheesh. We need another "Clark gains a power" episode and him flying would be the perfect one and then would've been the perfect moment for him to do it.

:rolleyes:

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot to mention I'll be around tomorrow.

11. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

If nothing else this episode will provide some real nice eye candy. Laura...:drool::drool::drool:

12. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Tell me about it, I say

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Hell Yes!

I actually got the original magazine that is from. :D

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Yeah, add "Laura Vandervoort Smallville" or "Laura Vandervoort Supergirl" or "Supergirl Smallville" into google image search, some really nice stuff :)

15. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have a feeling that this week's episode will make me wish there was a Supergirl spin off in the works.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Laura Vandervoort is waisting her time with V that show sucks.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

V, Smallville, Baywatch, what's the difference? :p

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:lol: True. :bolian:

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Eight hours to go. This should be a really fun commentary tonight. Definitely psyched.

:techman:

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I forgot about that shoot.

[​IMG]

As I remember, the plan was to have her take over as Smallville's lead at some point. Welling was no doubt going to leave as most actors do after a reasonable run, but the show would go on with the focus on Kara/Supergirl.